Raff

Radiant Silvergun XBLA

So on that bangai-o level editor, you can place a thousand enemies in a single map. That is a significant increase from the last game. (In Spirits, i believe it was like... fifty.)

The 360 struggles soooo hard to keep up, it's amazing to see how many projectiles that game can render.

12 person multiplayer!?

So that would be Treasure's fourth(?) XBLA game then, they've been really prolific for the service.

I remember reading an interview with those Treasure guys where they were talking about working on XBLA, that they kind of felt that where all the fans of hardcore arcade-style games ended up. They had a theory that all the people who were playing their games on the Sega platforms ended up with X-boxes.

I'm glad it's coming out, I have a Saturn, but that game is too expensive!

I finally play some "Suguri" today and it's kinda weird, the first game is a normal bullet hell game with bosses that are the fighters in the sequel.

The thing that really bothers me about this game is that you can move while shooting... I'm not used to this in shmups!:eek:

So it's looking like that Guardian Heroes remake isn't being developed by Treasure.

I got my copy of Guardian Heroes for £1 from a car boot sale. It's a proper Saturn CD but with no label and Gurdan Heros scribbled in green marker, presumably a review disc.

The music is immense

Z_9hZ-RGAOA

qRPGrFKkcZI

So it's looking like that Guardian Heroes remake isn't being developed by Treasure.

Yeah. They have confirmed that the nasty filter will be optional though.

I got an iPod Touch so I can finally play those darn Cave games for the iPhone! :tup:

Wow, I can believe a BULLET HELL game works on a touch screen! That just makes all the other iPhone games look worse by comparison!

The stranger ones of the batch I bought was the Bug Panic game, that was kinda like an arena shooter.

The others were Espagaluda II and DoDonpachi Resurrection, and seeing how awesome they look, it makes me wonder why we don't have more shmups on this system!

I got an iPod Touch so I can finally play those darn Cave games for the iPhone! :tup:

Wow, I can believe a BULLET HELL game works on a touch screen! That just makes all the other iPhone games look worse by comparison!

The stranger ones of the batch I bought was the Bug Panic game, that was kinda like an arena shooter.

The others were Espagaluda II and DoDonpachi Resurrection, and seeing how awesome they look, it makes me wonder why we don't have more shmups on this system!

I am suspicious of this, are those games really playable to an adequate degree on the iPad? Really?...

Well, I haven't played the original version and I haven't played that many bullet hell games, but you can dodge everything efficiently! And I've heard from bullet hell experts that it plays fabulously!

Take in mind that this isn't some 13 year cold making some crappy app, it's Cave!

Well, I haven't played the original version and I haven't played that many bullet hell games, but you can dodge everything efficiently! And I've heard from bullet hell experts that it plays fabulously!

Take in mind that this isn't some 13 year cold making some crappy app, it's Cave!

Huh.

So how do you control them? Just drag the ship around with the touchscreen, or some kind of horrible virtual analog setup?

Do you know if the difficulty is toned down or anything?

I've always been curious about these iOS Cave ports.

Huh.

So how do you control them? Just drag the ship around with the touchscreen, or some kind of horrible virtual analog setup?

Do you know if the difficulty is toned down or anything?

I've always been curious about these iOS Cave ports.

Both Dodonpachi and Espagaluda II let you control the character by sliding the finger on the screen, the thing is your finger doesn't have to be on top of the ship it can be anywhere so you can always have it where it doesn't bother you.

You can choose difficulty levels and how simplified you want the controls, the game can do all but the "super attack" automatically.

They both have an iPhone Version and an arcade version, I haven't really noticed much of a difference between each mode though.

Now i'm seeing reports that the XBLA Guardian Heroes port is in fact being developed by Treasure.

Given that there's so much confusion about it, i suspect Treasure is probably just overseeing it or something.

I played a bit of Mushihimesama Bug Panic and it's "dual stick" game and it doesn't work as well. In the other games all you had to do was dodge since the game does the shooting for you, but in Bug Panic you don't only have to chose in which direction, but WHERE on the screen you want to shoot.

This game doesn't have difficulty settings, so when the game gets really frantic you can't do a thing but try to dodge and shoot and in this game my thumbs do seem to be getting in the way.:tmeh:

I really, truly cannot fathom playing a bullet hell game without digital inputs.

Also, if you do imports, you know that Cave has been purposefully leaving some of their games region free on the 360, right? I can't remember off the top of my head which ones they were, but there was like three different ones in just the last couple years.

Edit: Mushihime-sama Futari 1.5 on the 360 is not region locked. (There's a black label remix mode that appears to only be available on the japanese marketplace, and may or may not be region free as well? Not really sure. It would, obviously, at the least require a japanese live account, i guess.)

Espgaluda II is also region free. (There's also a black label re-release with the remixed mode on-disc that is also apparently region free.)

I'm sure there was another region free one, but i can't figure out what it was... Oh, it was "Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets" So... yeah... there's that...

Anyways, so... Have any of you guys been playing Bangai-O Missile Fury?

Edited by Sno

I really, truly cannot fathom playing a bullet hell game without digital inputs.

Also, if you do imports, you know that Cave has been purposefully leaving some of their games region free on the 360, right? I can't remember off the top of my head which ones they were, but there was like three different ones in just the last couple years.

Edit: Mushihime-sama Futari 1.5 on the 360 is not region locked. (There's a black label remix mode that appears to only be available on the japanese marketplace, and may or may not be region free as well? Not really sure. It would, obviously, at the least require a japanese live account, i guess.)

Espgaluda II is also region free. (There's also a black label re-release with the remixed mode on-disc that is also apparently region free.)

I'm sure there was another region free one, but i can't figure out what it was... Oh, it was "Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets" So... yeah... there's that...

Anyways, so... Have any of you guys been playing Bangai-O Missile Fury?

I've only played the Cave ones out there (I don't know if there are more), but it seems the non dual stick shooters work find if they actually put some work into it.

I've yet to import a 360 game (Only PSP ones), I actually purchased the iPhone version of the game to see if would like the 360 versions, since importing is kinda expensive, I didn't want to take the risk.

The Mushihime game you mentioned is not the same as the iPhone game, it has the same characters, but it's a sequel with a completely different gameplay.

Is Bangaoih Fury a 360 exclusive? I'm not buying anything "digital" until PSN is back up, you never knew what will be free as PSN +

The Mushihime game you mentioned is not the same as the iPhone game, it has the same characters, but it's a sequel with a completely different gameplay.

The iOS game is a spin-off, it's completely unrelated to the other two Mushimesama games. (Which, as i understand it, are generally known for their incredibly intricate and impressive bullet patterns and being some of the

games Cave has put out. Of course, they do have easy modes though, i hear. Heh.)

Is Bangaoih Fury a 360 exclusive? I'm not buying anything "digital" until PSN is back up, you never knew what will be free as PSN +

Well, i'm not really following that whole PSN mess anymore, but... I wouldn't go around expecting free stuff with no strings attached. I'm going to assume the free games Sony is saying they'll give people are the typical "free" games you get with PSN+. So those freebies will probably only last as long as that PSN+ trial that they're going to give everybody lasts. That's how PSN+ works, you only have access to that "free" stuff for as long as you're subscribed to PSN+.

Anyways, no.

It seems Treasure is pretty dedicated to XBLA as a platform, and i've heard nothing about Bangai-O Missile Fury coming out anywhere else. (Ikaruga's HD update never did, and their other XBLA projects have thus far been marketed as XBLA exclusives.)

I'm PSN+ so if it was on PSN, there is a chance I might get it for free, but since it's not...

I only have enough points for either Trouble Witches or Banga-O Fury...:hmph:

Deathsmiles 2X will be available through Games on Demand via Live next week.

So yeah, not as an XBLA game, and it won't be sold through retail.

It's on Games on Demand for 30 bucks as a "digital import" as part of an initiative from Microsoft and Cave and probably eventually other developers to get more japan-only releases overseas.

Really, really very odd.

Hmm, I wonder if Europe will get that too?:erm:

It's probably much more expensive to import, but I guess you'll get a soundtrack CD and maybe some other extras with the physical game?

Ooh, did anybody check Star Raider? Is it a shmup or a 1st person space combat sim?

Ooh, did anybody check Star Raider? Is it a shmup or a 1st person space combat sim?

It's a space combat sim, it's a relaunch of an old old atari series that was a pioneer of that particular genre. Looks like it might be kind of cool, but not really within the scope of this thread, heh.

Edited by Sno

Hey Tanu if you have to pick between Bangai-O and Trouble Witches NEO! pick Bangai-O.

I really enjoyed Trouble Witches (it is simplistic but the power ups and strategy is fun) but Bangai-O is easily the better of the two games.

Also, any fans of G-Rev in north America? Wartech: Senko No Ronde is now really cheap and a total blast to play. I tried Strania, bought to support the company but the game is no way as good as, or diverse as, Senko No Ronde.

I just found Senko No Ronde cheap in Europe too, as soon as I finish the game I'm with I'll get that and I'm undecided on those two, so maybe I'll just buy both?

Hey Tanu if you have to pick between Bangai-O and Trouble Witches NEO! pick Bangai-O.

I really enjoyed Trouble Witches (it is simplistic but the power ups and strategy is fun) but Bangai-O is easily the better of the two games.

I'll agree with that general sentiment, I think Treasure and Bangai-O are very worthy of support.

The thing is, while I think Missile Fury's core mechanics are pretty brilliantly designed and balanced, i've grown to really hate a lot of the level design in the game. Too many stages that revolve around some kind of puzzle-like design, and too many last-second curveballs in already grueling and painful minutes-long battles.

I mean, i wouldn't be playing games like this if i didn't love a challenge, i even have a few top-ten finishes on some levels for the game's leaderboards. Seriously though, some of this shit makes it feel like Treasure hates me. Me specifically. This game was designed to spite me, is what it feels like. Heh.

Hey, but it has over a hundred stages and a level editor, so it's not hard to find something to like in there.

Also, any fans of G-Rev in north America? Wartech: Senko No Ronde is now really cheap and a total blast to play. I tried Strania, bought to support the company but the game is no way as good as, or diverse as, Senko No Ronde.

Senko No Ronde is amazing, yes.

Strania is just trying to be a more accessible main-stream shooter, more of a familiar old-school design as opposed to bullet hell. It seems to be G-Rev trying to make something that people will actually notice. (People didn't notice, and a lot of the people that did still made the dumb arguments about it being too short and too expensive.)

People actually complain about the length of arcade games?

Complaining that an arcade game is too short is like complaining that a survival horror game doesn't have enough ammo....

One of the reasons arcade games work is due to it's fast pace and shortness! I can't help but to notice that when they try to shoehorn and arcade game into a "full title" the game always fails miserably.

In the end I got Trouble Witches Neo, I felt more in the mood for this kind of game.

Has anybody else tried Outland? I do think it's relevant to mention here since it's a BULLET HELL METROIDVANIA! :tup:

I also got this game since I loved the demo so much, it's from the people who made Super Stardust HD, it was a nice shmup, but I'm not fond of the arena style ones.