Sign in to follow this  
miffy495

Grand Thumb Auto reunion?

Hey all. For the first time in months, I'm available for a round of GTA tomorrow afternoon. Straight up, I've missed that shit. Who's in?

I'm up for some GTA, hopefully enough people will be around. If there isn't too many people then we could try the long awaited GTA PC.

That would mean I'd need to install it, which would take quite a long time. I'm not sure if my computer's designated "Steam drive" has enough free space left on it...

What time do you guys usually play?

2100 BST or in 16 and a bit hours.

I was, but lets play it by ear.

Last week was a washout for Thumbs multiplayer, so we'll see who turns up and decide then.

Indeed, great to see everyone again. Some moments of genuine hilarity occurred, and I'm very happy with the way everything went down. Cheers, all. Also, cool to see some relatively new people around.

Yes indeed--welcome, new Thumbs! :tup:

Sorry I couldn't hang around for too long, though we were never going to top that human-scooter shield episode I think...

Yesterday was the first time I'd played GTA in months. As you could probably tell, I'd forgotten the controls...

Me too, I kept trying to control the cars as if they were RDR horses, even expecting them to turn the same way sometimes.

Sorry I couldn't hang around for too long, though we were never going to top that human-scooter shield episode I think...

What happened at the other end of the rocket? I couldn't see through all the smoke and fire :)

I blasted you once, and wasn't going to again since you spawned right there. Then I saw another blip coming around the corner, went for it and got you both. Did the rocket sandwich you with the car?

I had a strong Heat vibe during cops & crooks. Unfortunately, it was ruined by a civilian who decided to run over Miffy.

Good times everyone, as always.

What happened at the other end of the rocket? I couldn't see through all the smoke and fire :)

I blasted you once, and wasn't going to again since you spawned right there. Then I saw another blip coming around the corner, went for it and got you both. Did the rocket sandwich you with the car?

1st time

I rode into the compound on my scooter, came around the corner and you blasted me with your RPG.

2nd time

I respawned nearby, behind a crate in the compound next to that same corner. I rode out and got caught sideways against the front of Patters' car as he came through. You fired at the car, but hit my scooter instead; I was stuck to the front of the car and couldn't move. Instant ragdoll firework.

I had trouble breathing/swearing for a moment or two afterwards... :clap:

Yeah, that was the race that I finished in first by pushing my firetruck's about-to-explode flaming wreck across the finish line about 4 seconds before it blew. I then got to watch that amazing moment in spectator mode. Well done to all involved. I couldn't stop laughing for way too long.

I finished in first by pushing my firetruck's about-to-explode flaming wreck across the finish lin

That reminds me about the "squatting incident"; rolling around trying to dodge Patters' car, whilst filling it with lead, when I killed him and the car trundled to a stop next to me - on fire - and promptly exploded.

Good times. :yep: