Snooglebum

Myspace Music

Have any of you Thumbs out there had any experience with using Myspace for a music... holder... thing? Is it good? Bad? Does it suck?

If you plan to make a myspace page and put your thumbs remixes (or any kinda music) up there, it's quite ok. But you should know, it lowers the quality of the music files. A bit. Well, not TOO much but...lol. I mean, I don't know how much it means to you, but it annoys me, for example, to listen to music with lower bitrate. You kinda get a slightly muffled sound. But then again, I'm too much of a perfectionist (a pedant, however you call it) when it comes to sound quality of that which I listen...maybe we don't have the same criteria. :)

So, basically, it's good for a presentation of your stuff, but not that good as a music player.

EDIT: And as I see at your Tindeck account, you have 312kbit songs up there...that's better than what Myspace has to offer when it comes to sound quality.

Edited by tm_drummer

I see spam technology is rapidly improving. That post fits in almost seamlessly in the discussion.

If you plan to make a myspace page and put your thumbs remixes (or any kinda music) up there, it's quite ok. But you should know, it lowers the quality of the music files. A bit. Well, not TOO much but...lol. I mean, I don't know how much it means to you, but it annoys me, for example, to listen to music with lower bitrate. You kinda get a slightly muffled sound. But then again, I'm too much of a perfectionist (a pedant, however you call it) when it comes to sound quality of that which I listen...maybe we don't have the same criteria. :)

So, basically, it's good for a presentation of your stuff, but not that good as a music player.

EDIT: And as I see at your Tindeck account, you have 312kbit songs up there...that's better than what Myspace has to offer when it comes to sound quality.

Actually, I plan to put my REAL stuff on there. I'm working on a website, but it's going pretty slow.

I'm a terrible sound quality obsessie, so that might be a problem.

I need a website that isn't the CDBaby storefront, is what I'm saying. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/StillDreaming