Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbs

Red Dead Redemption - bugs

Hey all.

I got this before it's recent update, worked fine.

Turned it on the other night, it got updated, seemed fine. Played it last night however, and the horse teleported across the land in fits and jerks, then sank, leaving me stuck. I managed to get off the horse, got flung miles, and survived. Horse could not find me after that. Reset the game a few times, within 5 minutes or so it kept happening, along with the dialogue not working on a mission either.

So I deleted the most recent saves, went back a bit, tried again - same thing.

Deleted ALL the saves, game updates, refreshed the 360 cache, thought that might sort it out. First mission, it got stuck on the loading screen so I quit, loaded again, came to in Bonnie's hut...following Bonnie out on the horse, the horse started teleporting again, and I got stuck.

Quite annoyed.

Any ideas on what I can do? If the game remains unplayable, I'm currently feeling of the mind to attempt to do battle with the publishers to take their game back and refund me the 50 quid.

I'm bummed that I didn't experience any of the nifty glitches and bugs I've seen on youtube. I played through the whole game and didn't see anything super crazy.

Fuck! That's ridiculous...! This is AFTER the update? You should make a video if you can and post it on some official forms or something. Then you should give me your copy 'for testing purposes' while it gets sorted out :)

I'm starting to wonder if it's my 360 that's on its way out. I bought it in Nov '06, never had it replaced yet and still going!

That 360 slim looks like it could be a go-er if mine does pack up though.

Happened to me on the PS3 after the update. I noticed that the "sinking" bug would happen only when riding on a horse after a certain distance. Tried fast traveling and using other means of transportation to complete a mission; and it worked fine. But everytime I used a horse and went beyond a certain invisible limit, it would sink into the world and glitch out.

Googling the patch, suggested that it had fixed the supposedly bugged bounty quest of Mo Van Barr in Armadillo. I just fast-traveled to Armadillo and took on the bounty quest. Then fast-traveled again to the McFarlane Ranch, walked/ran to the bounty location and completed the quest.

Completing that quest gave me some outfit and the glitch hasn't happened again so far. I am not entirely sure if completing that quest resolved the issue or if it was something else I did. But I think it's worth a try.

Happened to me on the PS3 after the update. I noticed that the "sinking" bug would happen only when riding on a horse after a certain distance. Tried fast traveling and using other means of transportation to complete a mission; and it worked fine. But everytime I used a horse and went beyond a certain invisible limit, it would sink into the world and glitch out.

That's pretty much when it happens to me, certain distance out of town, teleport, sink, glitch... Happens even on first mission now!

Googling the patch, suggested that it had fixed the supposedly bugged bounty quest of Mo Van Barr in Armadillo. I just fast-traveled to Armadillo and took on the bounty quest. Then fast-traveled again to the McFarlane Ranch, walked/ran to the bounty location and completed the quest.

Completing that quest gave me some outfit and the glitch hasn't happened again so far. I am not entirely sure if completing that quest resolved the issue or if it was something else I did. But I think it's worth a try.

Thanks for the suggestion. Still pretty annoyed at the game though!

Hm. Well I thought I'd try to install it to see if that worked - the install failed. Scratched disk. Scratched by the 360 itself. :/

Toothpaste seems to have cured it. Thank goodness.