Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

XBL Game Room

The system requirements are absolutely ridiculous for a bunch of atari 2600 and intellivision ports. Other than that, yeah it's neat.

Here's my opinion of it (as someone who enjoys playing older retro games):

Boy, does it suck balls. Although there's one or two playable games, it's just such a complete waste of time and utterly confusing. WHY should I bother creating an arcade?? I just want to play some games, so WHY do I have to navigate from room to room, checking each and every cabinet, to find a game I want to play?

It's like the people who made this whole thing did it in a vacuum and never actually bothered to ask anyone what would be fun or useful or interesting. ("They'll love this!" - yeah, famous last words.)

It frustrates me because I think it's something that could have worked out.

It seems like they got so hard at the prospect of monetizing virtual arcade decorations and pay-per-play arcade games that they forgot to make the player want to buy the games themselves. Nothing in here besides maybe unified high score boards that makes me want to buy the games here instead of picking up one of the old Atari/Intellivision compilation packs. :shifty: