Sign in to follow this  
Murdoc

Global Agenda

Global Agenda: A weekends play point of view...

Alright, so I've been mildly curious about this game since I saw a few screenshots and thought it looked like Tribes; now after a pre-order buy in I was able to see it in action with beta.

It's a little more RPG than a shooter which was a bit surprising; but after playing again some people it still contains a lot of the stuff I like about a shooter(fast thinking of what to do/use)

It's kind of set up as guild wars was, where you get your chat/trade hub and then you just click on missions to go to an instanced zone; the instanced zones act basically like any other FPS server. There is a PVE game that gets different missions/difficulty as you get higher in level and a PVP missions where its two teams again each other doing something. So far I've leveled to do capture points and the TF2 payload thing; both are pretty fun.

You collect items automatically by killing things and they seem to be 99% geared to crafting and I have only recieved on blueprint so far, so I tend to just sell everything. If you sell things at the store they give you like 5 bucks for it, so you might as well place it in the auction house to get some cash

I don't think the economy has really sorted itself out yet, because people are paying anywhere from 15 to 5000 bucks for the same obscure item. Also considering level 1 noob like me is collecting some stuff, I don't think it's worth 5k.

Theres a persistent game going that sounds more like Planetside, but you have to pay monthly for it; and I'd consider it since I really liked what planetside tried to do if I could actually check this part out, but I have no idea how to or if its working(there are server announcements about it being tested or broken most of the time) It is beta after all. Theres even places to buy vehicles and facilities that I think have more to do with this part of the game, which sounds pretty neat.

Armor isn't very varied and is purely asthetic from what I can tell; you can dye it and change the emissive glows so I guess it does create a variety, just not really from a design standpoint. Same with helmets; but I have a rockin fro so I don't use one.

I think on each body part you have some sort of cybernetic upgrade, but I'm a little confused as to what these do (+10 on Output mod... awesome? I dunno) so I bought one that does the same thing as my regular one, but gives me +1 melee and +2 ground speed... I can't really tell, and it's an "epic" quality mod that costed around 10k, so not sure if that was worth it or if you get ever bodypart outfitted with this stuff if I can tell a difference; also it has durability... which makes me wonder can I repair this? If not, wow what a waste of 10k.

Theres a pvp arena as well that doesn't give you any bonuses or penalities so its fun to pop in and play too. There are classes like solider, medic,scout/spy, and heavy; I think like in tribes they even differ depending on your equipment as some soliders seem to be more engineers. From what I can tell the spy and engineer are the dangerous classes. an engineer can set up a minibase with turrets, force field, respawner and healing station, and spys keep whacking my ass with their sword, so yeh.

Anyway so far so good, its a mmo and I haven't really played one in a while, nor am I the time to play these, so I think it may turn into a bit of a grind I'll put it down. I could see playing this regularly like l4d or something if a few friends join and we start our own mini agency to roam around in, might even make conquest worth it at that point.

Seems cool. I had actually never heard of the game until I read this.

I share your issues with MMOs, though. There never seems to be time. I've been messing around on EVE Online recently, but I'll never become a major figure in a corp or anything.

I'd give this a shot though; I'll support any MMO based in space!