Sign in to follow this  
miffy495

Brainpipe

So I know that this game has the Remo endorsement. Thing is, I was just fooling around (read: procrastinating) with my PSP and noticed that for $5 you can get a PSP version of Brainpipe from the new Minis section of the PSN store. Does anyone know how the PSP version plays? The game sounded interesting to me on PC, but the added ability to play it on a bus or something may make it worth the $5.

Thoughts?

Well, shit. It was $5, right? Much like Remo's comments on the podcast, when a game is $5, it may as well be $0. I bought it. My only experience with BrainPipe up to now has been the PC demo, but from what I've now played, the PSP version is a completely faithful straight-up port. $10 cheaper than it's big brother too. Trip of a game. Maybe a little more frantic on PSP as well if only because you're using the analog nub to control the game rather than your trusty mouse. This is a really rad experience. If you've already got a PSP, go into your PSN store thing, click on Minis, and get yourself a $5 BrainPipe. This is the first time I've booted up a Sony system in over a month, I think, and I'm happy I did.

EDIT: Just went back and played the PC demo again. It's noticeably smoother than the PC one, and is definitely the better experience of the two. Still, the PSP game is very good, and given the portability and price difference, very recommended. Just don't bother if you already have the PC version I guess, unless you really love it and want to have it in your pocket at all times. I just wish there was a better way to get fine control on the PSP, because that analog nub can only do so much.