Sign in to follow this  
Action Shakespeare

Grand Thumb Auto 30 +5: You'll never take me alive!

I'm guessing this is happening.

As with the last couple of weeks, I have a lecture, but that's finished by 7.30pm. Just received an email that there's going to be a screening of Fritz Lang's M right afterwards, as a link with the lecture ('Talkies'). Bit of a bother, as I've already seen the film, own it on DVD and I'm looking forward to running down Action Shakespeare... on the other hand, hm, any extra contact time makes this course less of a waste of money.

So, either I'm there in full effect, or I'll turn up for the last 30 minutes.

Probably not me, It's one of my housemates 21st so I sort of have to go to that.

Probably not me, It's one of my housemates 21st so I sort of have to go to that.

Screw it, I have an early start and need to get some work done tonight, I'm in.

Usually round about now... Although it really tends to get cooking a bit later on.

yeahI tend to throw out invites when 2 or more people are on.

What time are these anyway?

I made a thing! I've just noticed that it's not behaving how I expected it too, though. It's meant to stop saying "game in progress" at 11 pm. Weird.

Well, that was awesome. Lots of great moments tonight, like my intense carro a carro with Marek on the bridge, and the totally awesome fire truck blockade consisting of eight (or at least close to it) burning fire trucks.

Also, rocketing Nevsky (I think) as he was speeding straight at me and having the explosion lift and turn his car just enough not to behead me.

Oh, and while you were running around sniping each other oh Happiness Island, I managed to collect three -- three -- boats in a pile on one of the piers. I guess we can all agree who really won that round.

Yeah some damn great moments, especially nevsky pulling off a barrel roll in a fire truck (which gave me the lead) but it was awesome.

That carro a carro was fucking hilarious. Rubbing bumpers that hard did become vaguely homoerotic after a while though. I'm just sayin.

Oh and based on how often you guys killed me Shenmue 3 is hereby cancelled. Let that be a lesson.

That carro a carro was fucking hilarious. Rubbing bumpers that hard did become vaguely homoerotic after a while though. I'm just sayin.
No, I totally felt it too.
Oh and based on how often you guys killed me Shenmue 3 is hereby cancelled. Let that be a lesson.

Oh shit!

Is Shenmue the one with the huge robots?

It's been so long since James pinned me down with a fire hose, and the spray was only rendering quite a way above my guy, that for about 10 seconds I was thinking "Come on... why won't my guy get up?" :)

James, later getting to spawnkill you repeatedly at your roadblock kind of sweetened it, as did seeing Nevsky do a barrel roll in a fire engine.

Yeah, you need to sort out your connection, Peels.

Sorry I didn't see you for most of that, TP

I was late, how many different people tried hosting? Sometimes we've just managed to find a host that everyone can connect to.

Perhaps a guide to setting up a game that won't let strangers in would also let this happen more quickly on the night? It's not obvious or straightforward at all, and everyone who tries hosting for the first time seems to fall foul of it.

I seem to remember things going well the times I have hosted in the past. I can try next time.

Yeah, yeah... "great moments", guys... *sniff*

It seems to be you and Action shakespere, Probably the best way to test this would be either of you host a party (xbox one) and invite the other, being unable to connect would confirm it. The only reason I can think f is having incompatible NAT types (say one of you has closed NAT and the other had moderate, or both of you have closed NAT), in some bizarre occurrences you may have closed or moderate NAT, but your xbox detects it as open.

I felt really awkward being the host and not knowing what to suggest to do, which wasn't fun.

Actually Thunderpeel could you hear Action? different NAT types can prevent voice communication.

Hey, I really enjoyed this week!

Especially terrorising Actn Shakespeare in a wholly over-the-top verbal way. And doing a barrel roll. Three times! (The fire truck works best, I found). Also, mad sniping d'match.

I think we reached our 'Tales from Topographic Oceans' with that first GTA Race, by the way. Just way too indulgent. How long was it in total, 40 minutes?

Hey, I really enjoyed this week!

Especially terrorising Actn Shakespeare in a wholly over-the-top verbal way. And doing a barrel roll. Three times! (The fire truck works best, I found). Also, mad sniping d'match.

I think we reached our 'Tales from Topographic Oceans' with that first GTA Race, by the way. Just way too indulgent. How long was it in total, 40 minutes?

yeah, that was my fault, I thought 5 laps was a good idea, it wasn't.

yeah, that was my fault, I thought 5 laps was a good idea, it wasn't.

It's not like we were all rushing to the finish line, though!