Tanukitsune

So Axel & Pixel is out...

It IS Samorost, voiceless characters, interacting with the scenery, pretty background and unique art style, a timer... WAIT?! WHAT?!:eek:

WHY THE #@%& did they put a timer? It's like giving us a giant cake and saying we only have 30 seconds to enjoy it!

I don't know it the timer is per level or per "world", if it's screen by screen basis, then I'm O.K... more or less...

I only tried the demo... But I won't get the full version for a while... My backlog is acting up... :oldman:

Never heard about it till now, but it looks pretty cool. That timer thing sounds pretty lame, though.

I'm trying to remember where I heard of it... since it's not a indie PC game it wasn't at Rock Paper Shotgun or TIGs, so it was either here or Destructoid?:erm:

Maybe someone just twittered about it? *shrugs*

I'm afraid I didn't know you had twitter until now...:erm:

This game is made by a Czech company, but it's not the same one that made Samorost, which is weird because it's the same style from the same country, so I can understand the confusion...:erm:

EDIT: I played it a bit more...

The time limit is per screen and it moves VERY slowly, you could almost make a sandwich or two and have enough time to find every secret on that screen!

There are hidden collectables... Things that the artist will draw, paint for the drawing and bones for the dog... I don't know what they are for, except maybe an achievement?:erm:

Edited by Tanukitsune

While this game looks great, all you are essentially doing is moving the cursor and pressing "A" until something happens which advances your character to the next area.

Oh, and they throw in a "QTE" to change it up a little.

While this game looks great, all you are essentially doing is moving the cursor and pressing "A" until something happens which advances your character to the next area.

Oh, and they throw in a "QTE" to change it up a little.

Any game sounds lame when you break it down to its most banal characteristics.