Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Grand Thumb Auto XXVII: Retroactive Thread

Well, that was very fun. Some truly awesome moments, including but not limited to:

• Me jumping with the little airport luggage cart, grinding a truck and killing, uh, some guy (Nevksy?) in the head with it.
  • James' awesome police driving. It was just like in the movies, only better.
  • The ice-cream race, which ended up with splinter factions denouncing the race and forming rebel outpost blockades along the route. I managed to weave through one on my trusty Faggio, cleverly dropping a grenade as I did so, but other than that they were pretty effective.
  • My rocket trap failing pathetically as I fired a rocket at the place I expected you to appear, nobody died, and James said "it's a trap."

It was really, really fun!

I have to say that I'm inordinately proud of the wild goose chase I led the police on toward the end. :woohoo:

James' awesome police driving. It was just like in the movies, only better.

I'm simultaneously pleased with myself for (accidentally) doing two awesome stunts, and annoyed with myself for failing to record it. Anyway, I felt that driving with you was a bonding experience. Now we are as brothers. Fuck that Grippage loser in Australia or wherever.

My rocket trap failing pathetically as I fired a rocket at the place I expected you to appear, nobody died, and James said "it's a trap."

If it's any consolation, the force of the explosion blasted me against a wall (I'd guessed what was going on just as the car was approaching, and had just disembarked).

A very good game all round. It was weird being one of the people actually trying to finish in the firetruck race. Also, I would like to note my forcing n0wak and myself off the side of the elevated road in our ice cream trucks. It was a small and relatively private moment, but for me it consisted entirely of glee.

Enjoyed this as always. Got off to a terrible start as my batteries ran out, and I realised by charger is kaput as well. But things picked up

Nice one with the goose chase, Wegten. I felt nice and accomplished after killing you, then realised we were on the wrong side of the city completely. Thanks.

I liked the sniper match at the airport. I preferred it to the prison, because it had the open spaces, elevation and cover, but also had cars and jumps and other things that add humour and pace to what is a slower, more cat-and-mouse style mode.

Also, yes, it creates those awesome GTA moments, where you'd be crouched, training your sights on a Nachimir (or someone) through the gaps in a fence, only to be beheaded by a flying Toblix in a luggage carrier.

My favorite thing this week was n0wak (I think) firing a rocket at an oncoming player during a race in Broker, causing the car to actually jump right over him and carry on.

Also, carjacking Toblix on the Broker bridge for 1st place.

The races are great, since they tend to split into whoever ends up in the top half after the first lap racing, and everyone else trying to cause as much mayhem as possible.

Also, carjacking Toblix on the Broker bridge for 1st place.
I had totally forgotten that. I threw myself at the car, as I usually do to stop them, and it rolled to a halt almost so close to the center divider it would be impossible to open the driver side door. But not close enough, so my dude inched his way through this gap, slowly towards the door, and I could see you coming up the hill. And just as I had gotten in and taken control of the vehicle you reach the passenger door and steal the fucking thing. And there were no other cars anywhere. It was awesome.

My favorite thing this week was n0wak (I think) firing a rocket at an oncoming player during a race in Broker, causing the car to actually jump right over him and carry on.

That was me actually. I'd completely forgotten about it. I have no idea why it happened, but it was awesome. Again, I wish I'd recorded it.

A very good game all round. It was weird being one of the people actually trying to finish in the firetruck race. Also, I would like to note my forcing n0wak and myself off the side of the elevated road in our ice cream trucks. It was a small and relatively private moment, but for me it consisted entirely of glee.

It worked out in the end though. I managed to work my way up back to the bridge and realized that a rocket launcher spawns in the middle of it. So I jacked a couple cars, parked them on the bridge, created a roadblock and set off to unleash as much carnage as possible. I had already won a race that day so I was good!

I did enjoy the leader-blip only rocket match on the full island too. Explosions galore, people sneaking up on each other, hit and runs (kind of effective when during leader blip as it makes it easier to sneak up on people). Hitting toblix, who had set up on an overpass shooting rockets down on people, with a rocket from like a kilometer out was nice.