Sign in to follow this  
gdf

Zeno Clash

It got a mention in the indie games compendium, so someone else must also be playing.

Just done the first couple of levels and it's great so far, the combat is incredibly solid and stylish, and it's just loads of fucking fun. My only concern is that it lacks depth, but we'll see.

It's nice. It is fairly simplistic, and it gets really frustratingly difficult (I've found), but the style is fantastic, and it's a pretty original idea (translating a 2-D fighter into a 3-D space).

So I've just finished it, good game. The combat was effective throughout, and obviously the aesthetics are incredible. Its length was just about right as well, enough to keep it varied but in no way outstaying its welcome. The complaints about the amount of shooting are pretty ridiculous, there's not really much at all - it depends how you play. My biggest gripe was the occasional difficulty in getting swamped by several enemies, you can get caught in a loop of just the fuck being kicked out of your dude, and that's not great design. Overall I enjoyed it, about the right price as well.

:tup:

I did a fair amount of shooting, probably because I sucked too much. Especially against F/M.

The game is really good, though. I just never got hang of blocking / dodging.

I love love LOVE the art direction in this game! I really hope they keep doing stuff in this world. Once I work up the nerve (and get some ginger pills) I'm gonna force myself to play it again.

I really liked Zeno Clash (wrote about it too), but it wasn't all that different on my second play through. The Challenge (Battle Tower) mode isn't all that either—but, yeah, the game looks and feels great.

So, if they release this on XBox live, I can try the demo and see if less FPS/nausea-inducing (distance from screen is a huge difference maker for me), and if so, I'll definitely buy this again.