BooJaka

Why am I paying more?

I just downloaded and played through the demo for Bioshock. It sort of ran on my computer but I got the idea so long as the idea was to show me that I'm missing out hard on some great games.

I've been meaning to buy a 360 for a while but I don't get why there are so many different versions. Right now in England there's the Arcade version, the 60GB version and the Elite version. The only difference which seems important to me is the included storage but I have no idea why I should care. If I'm just buying it to play games do I really need the HDD inside it?

The £120 price tag for the Arcade version sounds incredibly tempting and I could probably get it cheaper if I went pre-owned. Is there an added danger to this which them all breaking or will Microsoft take care of it anyway with the pre-owned receipt (say, from Gamestation)?

I had this same situation a few months ago, and decided that I'd go for the 60GB as not having a HDD does limit you in quite a few ways. Specifically, things that eat up HDD space are:

1. Patches
  2. Expansion content (DLC)
  3. Demos
  4. Trailers

Also, one thing you'll notice very quickly is that the 360 is loud — especially if you already own a PS3 like I did. Installing games to the HDD rather than running them from the disc is very desirable in my opinion. Why they couldn't have put a quieter disc drive in is beyond me, but they didn't.

You can get some really good deals on the 60GB one though. In GAME I got the 60GB 360 with Far Cry 2, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Fable 2, and an extra controller all for £220. If you can get a bundle like that where it consists mostly of games you'd buy anyway, the added cost doesn't seem so bad at all. :tup:

Ahh ok. Patches and DLC seem pretty important to me and demos will be a great advantage. I guess I'll plump for the 60GB one then. Cheers!