Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Android

There's a big US cellphone conference in a couple of weeks so there may be an upgrade to the G1 announced at that point.

Oh, there are several more or less announced Android phones coming. one of them is the HTC Magic, which will be keyboard-less.

Wikipedia says:

• In September 2008, Motorola confirmed that it was working on hardware products that would run Android.[42]

• Archos is planning to launch a new device, which would combine significant media capabilities with an Android operating system.[44]

• Lenovo is working on an Android-based mobile phone that supports the Chinese 3G TD-SCDMA standard.[45]

• HTC is planning a "portfolio" of Android based phones to be released summer of 2009,[46] including the HTC Magic, unveiled on 17 February 2009 at the 2009 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. The HTC Magic will be released with the "Cupcake" build.[47]

• Sony Ericsson is planning to release an Android based handset in the summer of 2009.[48]

• Samsung plans to offer a phone based on Google's Android operating system in the second half of 2009.[49]

• GiiNii Movit Mini is a Internet device based on Google's Android operating system.[50]

I'd go with the iPhone.

I like Apple products enough, heck I work on a Mac at work (2x2.66Ghz Dual Core Intel Xeon w/4GB of RAM), but I'm not really interested in changing to AT&T for my provider seeing that everyone I know is on Verizon.

Oh, I was just thinking phone, not carrier.

I'd probably go with the iPhone if there wasn't a craptastic exclusive ATT deal. I still don't quite understand why I can't just buy a phone I want and have it work with the network I want (presuming they use the same technology).