Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Grand Thumb Auto 2: Return of The Thumb

I added a new event for next Thursday. Too soon? I don't think so, but it's never too early to start planning for awesomeness.

edit: Is there something magical I have to do in addition to creating the event in the Google calendar? Does everyone get notified or what? Do I have to link to some fucking thing.

I now have to pull an emergency shift next Thursday, meaning my one good gaming day is gone next week. Pity, I'd love to be in for another go.

Dang, Thursday here is always DS night in a local cafe. What time did GTAIV go on until last Thursday?

PS3 or 360?

Well, we'll have to be flexible. If more people can play on Wednesday, that's the day we'll do it.

I vote: yay.

Fuck, no, I can't. I have a meeting on Wednesday.

Edited by n0wak

Okay, everyone who might be interested in playing this week, post something like this:

deathSlay0r: TUE WED FRI <- The days you'll be able to play

...so does that mean a vote for Thursday then? I'm confused now. ;(

It's a vote for any day but Wednesday.

When does voting close? Looks like it might be Wed and Thurs at the moment :)

(I love that the title pulls adverts for flights and orthopedic thumb braces from adsense. It's like it's trying really hard)

Define "Evening." I'm assuming we're talking GMT, which means early afternoon for me. If so, pretty much the only times I'd be able to play are Wednesday and Friday before 7GMT. Last week of school and my schedule's pretty packed...

Yeah, what's wrong with Wed and Thurs?

Nothing in particular I suppose; my assumption was that defining 1 night a week would be the most inclusive and sensible approach.

Also, it's more of an event - something to aim for - if it's just one night a week. If it ends up being multiple evenings with just a couple of participants each time, it'll quickly fail.

Define "Evening." I'm assuming we're talking GMT, which means early afternoon for me. If so, pretty much the only times I'd be able to play are Wednesday and Friday before 7GMT. Last week of school and my schedule's pretty packed...

Again, I was assuming 2100 GMT / 1400 EST was a good time for everyone still. We had good attendance last week across different time zones for this slot, so I figured it didn't need changing.

Okay, listen up. We need 40 polls, one for each time zone, and some highly automated software that computes the best time-space coordinates for this to take place. It'll likely have to be Web 2.0 and run on Amazon EC2.

Also, it's more of an event - something to aim for - if it's just one night a week. If it ends up being multiple evenings with just a couple of participants each time, it'll quickly fail.

Ah, very true.

That's fair enough... So how about Wednesday? :grin:

Okay, listen up. We need 40 polls, one for each time zone, and some highly automated software that computes the best time-space coordinates for this to take place. It'll likely have to be Web 2.0 and run on Amazon EC2.

Thank God, a sensible solution!

Just to clarify: Like Wrestle said, I think we're talking 9+PM GMT. Does that work for you guys in the rest of the world?

9PM GMT = 4PM EST = 1PM PST

What's going to change? I guess n0wak (hi n0wak!) can't make it at 9PM GMT/4PM EST/1PM PST today, because of a meeting?

What time are you available on Thurs, Nachimir? I guess you've got the deciding vote if you can't make it until late.