Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbs

Venetian Snares - Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett

While we were on holiday in Peru, we ended up travelling about with these couple of Hungarian girls that we got on with. It took me a day or two to realise that I had this album on me, so if anyone is in the remote bit interested, here's a track listing, plus pronunciation, and meaning.

Pron. of title:

Ross - Chillog - Allat - Tzuletett

"Born under a bad star"

Track Title

Pronunciation

Meaning

1)Sikertelenség

Shee-kerr-talem-shaig

Unsuccessful

2)Szerencsétlen

Zeren-chet-lan

Unlucky

3)Öngyilkos Vasárnap

Ohner-dia-cosh Vas-er-nap

Suicide Sunday

4)Felbomlaszt Mentökocsi

Felt-borm-lasto Menk-tur-auto

Decomposing Ambulance

5)Hajnal

Hoy-nal

Down

6)Galamb Egyedúl

Ga-lambe Edy-a-dhoole

Pigeon Alone

7)Második Galamb

Mar-sho-dik Ga-lambe

Second Pigeon

8 )Szamár Madár

SAR-maah Mo-dar

Donkey Bird

9)Hiszékeny

He-say-keng

Naive

10)Kétsarkú Mozgalom

Keert-shar-koo Mwaz-garlomb

Double Edged Movement

11)Senki Dala

Shan-key Dollaah

Nobody's Song

...and on My Downfall...

Holló Utca

Hoy-llo Ootsa

Hoax Street

I guess this is kinda useful since I dig this album (and by pure chance, I was listening to My Downfall on iTunes at work right when I opened this forum).

But what I'd like to know more about is these Hungarian girls.

While we were on holiday in Peru, we ended up travelling about with these couple of Hungarian girls that we got on with.

How many people are u?

There's a distinct sexual overtone... or possibly undertone... in this thread. Who's fault is it this time?

Norfolk, what is this music? I have never heard of it but I gather it must be something a bit special if you're asking around to share it... I am kinda interested now... :)

Venetian Snares (aka Aaron Funk) is a Canadian Gabba producer, or that's at least what he started off doing. He also makes glitchy electronica (album'Cavalcade of glee...'), glitchcore, and under the moniker 'Last Step' some more accessible electronica rather like Aphex Twin.

Anyway, back in 2005, he brought out the album above, and pretty much blew away everyone who ever heard it who was into electronic music. It was a masterful blend of classica string instruments and some pretty hard electronica, at times drum and bass, at times gabba, and sometimes just pure, beautifula nd mournful strings, oftern with staggering complexity. It was (and is) fabulous. Anyway, the album was released with a hungarian title and track names, due to Funk being a fellow with an unusual creative streak. Anyway, I leaped at the chance to decipher it, and for those that said they liked it on here, I posted up the translation.

If you have liked drum and bass at any time in your past, or indeed any sort of electronic dance music, you must listen to this album. In my opinion, Aaron Funk is one of the most impressive and accomplished programmers in the world in today.

And how do I go about... acquiring this music from you? ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬

:yep: