n0wak

Wii Virtual Console

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=14220

The latest Wii update adds the ability to buy games as gifts. :tup: Just in time for the holidays. And looking through the library of Virtual Console releases (I recently had 3200 points just sitting there) there's a lot of good (and not so good) stuff in there. A lot of interesting games.

So... anybody up for a "Secret Santa"-ish gift exchange over this? Just in time for the X-mas.

(The only downside is that you're stuck gifting in the same region :tdown: )

I'm disillusioned with the whole Wii points thing. In Europe, there has just been an overhaul of the Nintendo site, which is now very user-unfriendly and crap. There finally is the long-awaited 'trade in your star points for Wii points' scheme; but they've made the exchange rate 4:1, which is expensive (you get 250 points per 50 Euro game, so before you'd be able to buy a dinosaur from the NES age you've spent 400 Euros -err, that seems a bit much). The most weirdly monopolizing thing is that they've put an artificial cap on how many (virtual!) points they're willing to hand out. So virtual goods become scarce... blast them.

After suffering through years of the joke that was the star catalogue, which would be uploaded with a few dozen units of games every quarter or so -obviously gone within minutes of their appearance-, it's a pity to see Nintendo still seem intent on being stuck-up corporate penny-pullers in Europe.

I think the new Nintendo Europe site actually transcends the old one in every way to be honest. I don't actually use it much and never have, but it seems a lot more usable and critically it doesn't look like total ass like the old one did.

After suffering through years of the joke that was the star catalogue, which would be uploaded with a few dozen units of games every quarter or so -obviously gone within minutes of their appearance-, it's a pity to see Nintendo still seem intent on being stuck-up corporate penny-pullers in Europe.

You know what we had in Canada (and the US too :shifty: )? Nothing. When we register games we might get... extra wallpapers and online crap. :tdown: No "real" goods of value, ever.

Yeah, Nintendo's on the overall pretty low-key if you look at how Microsoft and Sony shower the audience and press with trips and goodies.