Sign in to follow this  
Marek

A question about Tron

I'd always assumed I had seen Tron once on TV, years ago. It had dudes with helmets in teams and there was VR racing. Tron, right? Except now I actually have Tron and it turns out that while I've always been familiar with its visual style, it's a movie I have actually never seen.

Now I'm really curious what I did see on TV -- that movie that I always assumed was Tron. One thing I remember is that they had this VR bike scene but they also had an odd kinda-futuristic type of sport which played out in live action in a circular arena that resembled an indoor bicycle racing stadium, with like wooded floors etc.

Does anyone know?

Yes. That's it. THANK YOU.

Interesting, Rollerball looks NOTHING like Tron. Somehow my memories of seeing parts of two different films must have fused together in my mind like some freak transporter accident in Star Trek.

I've always been amazed at how great and how elegant Tron is when it comes to using computer science concepts to build narrative elements... to this day, I think this is the greatest movie ever made about computers.

Yep... Tron is quite nice. Still one of my favorite movies.

As for Rollerball, still have to see both incarnations of it. Maybe tonight is a good time.