doremi

Super Paper Mario

My avatar was a fortunate find on Google. You'd be surprised how little nice pictures there are of Scorpius. Most are tiny, blurry or not that pretty. Ohh, last week I blasted through season 4 of Farscape, which I hadn't seen before, and then topped it off with Peacekeeper War. Delicious. Pity I didn't dream of it, though my head was brimming with wormholes and whatnot.

Have you watched Firefly yet? My friends and I are halfway through the first and only season, and it is positively mind-blowing. Real human drama.

Of course. Quite a different show than Farscape though. But very nice as well. A completely different angle on sci-fi. Pity the series was left dangling somewhat, and the movie didn't completely fill in on its potential.

Of course. Quite a different show than Farscape though. But very nice as well. A completely different angle on sci-fi. Pity the series was left dangling somewhat, and the movie didn't completely fill in on its potential.

I did a bad thing and watched the movie about a year ago, before I got into the show. I love Firefly though. It's a real shame it wasn't continued. I have to admit, I prefer it to the traditional sci-fi fare. I feel as though on a limited TV budget, you have to really make a story about people and leave the spectacular effects for the big budget movies which are constantly setting our expectations higher and higher.

But in their defense, I've never given any of the other shows much of a chance, so I could be totally wrong about this.

Utterly derailing this topic: I borrowed my roommate my DVD boxes of Farscape. He wanted to see the show wince I was such a fan of it. I expected him to love it, but he has real troubles getting through the first season. Now, he's no sci-fi nut, so it's a tough sell in any case, but now that I view the show (at least the first season) through the eyes of someone who doesn't like it, I notice that it does have its weird, almost tacky elements. Maldus, anyone? Now I can heartily laugh whenever Farscape goes berserk and does some outrageous and cheesy stuff, but for my roommate it's sheer torture.

I guess I just have a weakness for villains in leather.

Ah yes, but your friend won't even have reached scorpius yet!

I had exactly the same issue, my friend gave up before getting to the good stuff, which disappointed me a bit :(