vimes

Suicide inducing gameplays

Any NES game?

The original Ninja Gaiden is the only one of the series I've played, so I'm not sure which one everyone here is talking about. It's probably the game I've played most without actually finishing (made it to the last level several times).

What about games that are too easy, though? I thought the final castle in New Super Mario Bros. was too damn short and simple. I want a real epic last castle! Maybe that's why I appreciated that the Meat Circus was a bit hard. (Interestingly enough, I didn't realize that this was the same old thread from so long ago, so I thought, "Everyone's slagging on Meat Circus again!?!")

At risk of being hung from a lamp post...

Meat Circus

I found the bit with the rabbit very doable. I thought the rail slide just after it was utter shite though. I think 3d platforming is crap at best, and put up with it because everything else in Psychonauts was so good. The rail was too much though, after flying off the first jump and feeling my blood pressure rise for about the 30th time I just went and watched the ending and bonus film on youtube.

All the rail sections throughout that game were pretty much automatic with fairly simple controls, then suddenly, wham. Jumps on tight curves that require precise aiming! I can't be arsed with that kind of game design.

Edit: God damn. I just loaded it up, it suddenly made sense as just depending on timing, and I did it on my third attempt :/

Edit 2: Whoo! :) Finally completed it. The acrobatic section just after the rail sucked donkey balls, and while I don't want to punch Tim Schafer, maybe a chinese burn or something... nah. The art style and humor keep on making up for annoying bits. Also, the very last boss fight is a piece of piss with upgraded invisibility :)

Edit 3: I see Spaff, Yufster, Marek, and Stefan Zivadinovic so far. How many Thumbs staff are thanked in the credits?