Sign in to follow this  
Lechimp

EA to get ANOTHER Exclusive License?

:shifty:

They publish the stuff Will Wright forces them to though*

*Not necessarily an accurate portrayal of the situation, but those games still manage to come out

I miss Blades of Steel.

and Mutant league hockey.

Yeah, I'm really hoping that since EA is buying exclusive licenses for everything (couldn't someone sue them claiming that it's an illegal monopoly), companies are going to make games that use fictional leagues and allow them to take licenses with the rules of the sport to make the gameplay better. I know that midway is making that Blitz game and since they don't have an NFL license anymore, the game is allowed to be more violent and do stuff that the NFL wouldn't allow (like steroids)

EA screwed up, it wasn't an exclusive license, it was an official license. I have no idea how you can get the two mixed up.

This is from the gamespot link posted earlier...

[uPDATE] Since this story went live, EA has changed the artwork on its NHL 06 home page. The graphic now reads "official license" rather than "exclusive license" (check the above screenshot index for a comparison). Subsequent to the story going live, an EA spokesperson told GameSpot that the company does not have an exclusive licensing deal with the NHL. The NHL confirmed that an existing license with EA was in effect, but the NHL did not offer additional comments on the earlier use of the w{ord "exclusive" by EA.