Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

Sid Mier's Pirates (Yes, I know it's 'old')

I'm sure quite a few bods out there have played Sid Mier's Pirates now, indeed I've heard people rave about the original for years. When this new version got released I (finally) decided to take the plunge and see what the fuss was all about..........

Sure it looks nice, it plays reasonably well and it's almost fun! But am I the only who finds the whole the damn experience completely unchallenging? I've only ever lost one fight, I've got married, found my sister, become a high ranking official in all nations, found all the treasure, killed all the other pirates, done pretty much everything else... all on the second highest difficulty level....

... and I'm still on my first game!

Is it just me or does this game offer no challenge (other than the time-consuming difficulty of navigating the carribean in slow motion)? I'm far from a decent gamesplayer, surely others have noticed this gaping flaw?

It is a very easy game, but it's still the best PC game I played last year. I was just charmed by its piratie feel and light atmosphere.

Mr. T: I pillaged me a honey, fool! :mrt:

Sorry to earth this up again, but I'm still perplexed by those who loved this game. Am I missing something? I thought everyone liked their games HARD these days?

I don't play games for the challenge, I play them to have fun, visit world, meet frivolous characters, listen to great music, and just get into the atmosphere of them.

So I don't care if a game is hard or not, I do care if you're against a giant beast and it takes two hits to beat it, that's just sad, but it's not a deal breaker for me.