OftenK

City of Metronome

It looks so good already. So unique, not just visually but moreso conceptwise. An adventuregame with sound, but not some Ocarina of Time-ripoff but totally original. Yeah!

They're going to find a publisher on E3 next may. Looking at the production art and trailer I'd say the game is already a year and a half or two on the way. It's hard to say whether they've already developed everything or if they're still waiting for a publisher to jump in with a suitcase filled with hundred dollar bills. I think the game is still 1.5 years away.

*huge, wonderful picture*

Okay, this is an artwork... right ?!

Anyway, the screenshots from the site, the story and the universe that, to sounds smarts, reminds me a lot of Dark City, are promising. Very.

The gameplay, however,.... well, let's just say, I'm always kind of freak out by gameplays that are based about one singular yet very smart idea, it makes me fear that the game around the concept would be very repetitiv.

Shhh, I'm being too blinded by the pretty lights to notice possibly flaws! Go away! :gaming:

Looks good to me, hope it does well. This seems like something I could actually look forward to nana.gif

I love the concept of a sound driven game, I just hope you don't need rhythm to play, I'm completely tone deaf...

He he, I really love the concept, recording sounds and seeing how everything reacts to that sounds, a dog bark to scare people off, recording people's voices to impersonate other people, who knows, you might even use a sonic blast to break a window? :grin:

I hope they use a little sandbox-y type engine as opposed to a nondynamic one. It could be cool if they used physics to make the whole world react correctly to everything, instead of the sounds just being used to solve puzzles and that's all you can do.

I hope they use a little sandbox-y type engine as opposed to a nondynamic one. It could be cool if they used physics to make the whole world react correctly to everything, instead of the sounds just being used to solve puzzles and that's all you can do.

I'm not quite getting your idea : you mean uses sounds as distant forces in a physics engine or what ?

I just hope you don't need rhythm to play, I'm completely tone deaf...

:shifty:

Well Vimes, what I mean is that I don't hope that the only time things work is when there's a pre-scripted puzzle. I hope that the world is your 'sandbox' where you can play and experiment with the sounds as you want. I believe it was Tanukitsune who mentioned looking forward to breaking windows and such. This could be possible with a physics-engine, but not if the only time you could break a window was when a puzzle required it.