Tanukitsune

"Sharewarish" games?

I'm trying to collect "shareware" games (not the demos), and I already have nearly all the ID Software, games, nearly all the Apogee games and some Epic Megagames ones, but I know how to get the rest...

I just want to know of any other companies that had noteworthy games, like Dr. Riptide or Skunny...

Funny thing shareware, it's hard to believe we payed for a shareware demo back then, you'd think it's not legal now, but it is if you state that clearly, it's ok...

Some sold the shareware demo, some gave it away with magazines, some come in packs in CDs and some (like Epic Megagames) sold the "episodes" seperatly...

I have a bunch of the Apogee ones laying around that I found on CD for like $1 a piece a few years ago. I got like Monster Bash, and Cosmo's Cosmic Adventuer, and Hocus Pocus.

Brings back memories...

Funny thing shareware, it's hard to believe we payed for a shareware demo back then, you'd think it's not legal now, but it is if you state that clearly, it's ok...

I remember, as a young child, saving up 5 dollars every week and running off down to the local Newsagents to purchase a copy of 'Fresh': 5 demos for 5 bucks. What a waste of money :frusty: