Sign in to follow this  
Jake

"Video Games Live" concert series...

Saw this at Music4Games.net.

The first major video game music concert tour "Video Games Live" is finally taking shape as the official website www.video gameslive.com was launched on 10/29/04. The website reveals that Video Games Live will be the first ever world concert tour of Video game music, not just limited to the US, and is currently booking for the 2005-06 concert season with concerts beginning in early summer 2005. Visitors to the site are now invited to sign up for updates.

Video Games Live is produced by award-winning sound and music composers Tommy Tallarico (Advent Rising) and Jack Wall (Jade Empire).

Video Games Live will feature the best music and video clips from the most popular games from the beginning of video gaming to the present. To date, the organisers have acquired the rights for the performances of Medal of Honor, Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider, Myst, Advent Rising, Beyond Good and Evil, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, and Ghosts and Goblins. More major titles will be announced soon.

Sounds interesting. Hope something comes of it. I believe Tommy Tallarico was the person who announced, loudly, that they would be doing the first ever orchestral video game concert in the US at the Hollywood Bowl at E3 2002, which seemed to completely have disappeared from the face of the earth a couple months after the announcement was made. This one seems a little more serious though.

"A handful of lucky audience members will be selected to come up on stage and actually play a video game while the orchestra plays interactively with them!"

This sounds really cool if they could pull it off well.

"You'll be entertained by characters in costume acting out your favorite scenes with a fully designed laser and light show synchronized with music and video."

This, on the other hand, sounds truly cringe-worthy.

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this project - I'd love to hear the BG&E soundtrack done, I'm still upset they didn't release it on CD. It'd be nice if they could get some more retro music on there as well as Ghosts & Goblins. Sonic 2 would be my personal pick, it has probably my favourite soundtrack ever.

Sonic 2 would be my personal pick, it has probably my favourite soundtrack ever.

That's a badass soundtrack, but it seems like they have pretty much Western-only soundtracks. And if it's Tommy Tallarico and his gang working on this project, I suspect it'll stay that way.