Chris

Idle Weekend October 13, 2017: Into the Woods

Idle Weekend October 13, 2017:

Idle Weekend October 13, 2017

Into the Woods
Rob and Danielle both had delightful woodland experiences to recount this weekend, as well as stories about gaming happy places (like Prey) and a beloved movie—Blade Runner. The first one. Don't worry, we'll talk about the new Blade Runner soon!

Discussed: F1 2017, Game of Thrones (the board game), Prey, Blade Runner: The Final Cut, Blade Runner: The Director's Cut

With the discussion of the original Blade Runner's cinematography, I thought people might be interested in these: https://imgur.com/a/Qi8Gd I watched Blade Runner (The Final Cut) with my dad and my sister a few years back and was surprised that they both enjoyed it, despite the terrible TV we were watching it on (I remember having to read the opening text crawl out loud because it was almost totally illegible). My sister was watching it for a film studies class in college and had to supply 10 screencaps from the movie to go with a written response, I thought some of her choices were really striking. (Sorry for the quality, I no longer have the originals, these are from a Tumblr post I made ages ago.)