Download the game from itch.io!

---

Hey co-thumbs, a friend and I are working on Life Finds a Way. It's a rouge-a-like-a-like where you take a randomly assembled character through an endless, generated gauntlet, picking up Goldblums to unlock new--and hopefully funnier--body parts to roll in your next character.

I don't know how often I'll update this part while dev's going on, but if the game catches on at all I keep a post-jam rapport going here.

Watch my dev stream!

Check out the code!

Cheers and Happy Wizard Jam everyone!

550 Goldblums later, I can confirm that this is the highest density of Thumbs references I've ever encountered. Good stuff, gave me that classic roguelike button-mashy feeling.

Thanks, and thanks for playing! And yeah, it was a good thing there was a sea of references to pick from; I don't know what we would have used for content otherwise. Did you get all three parts of any one host?

4 minutes ago, epiblitikos said:

Did you get all three parts of any one host?

I unlocked all 18 parts, but I never tried matching three of one host. I take it something happens if you do that?

1 minute ago, getinthedamnbox said:

I take it something happens if you do that?

Haha, yep! I don't want to spoil yet, but maybe over the weekend. It's probably easier before unlocking more parts, which was part of the reason of adding the lock/respin mechanic.