Sign in to follow this  
Gorbles

[Devlog] Project Arboretum

Figured I'd pop a thread up for this, then I have the choice between not updated this one and not updating my Celetin thread :D

Been bugging some folks on Slack for ideas so I can't let them down and not follow through with it.

But naw, as a bit of a change of pace (and so I don't have to sit through endless annoying physics bugs) I started up a bit of a "fun" project. I don't know how far I'll go with it, and I certainly don't intend to do anything artwise with it for the moment. Bit of experimentation with procedural generation (if you can call this that) and seeing if I can plug enough variables into a self-sustaining simulated environment. Text-based, for those who dislike thread tags.

The Pitch

You control a tribe of a particular animalistic species and it's your job to nurture them and let them grow into a successful and thriving colony.

The Style

Quite tongue-in-cheek. I sometimes have a bit of fun worldbuilding so this project will let me indulge in that a bit, but don't expect seriousness (like, at all).

The Roadmap

Species Blueprints (40%, will be starting with five species)

Animal Behaviour (0%, aim is to have an evolving, but simplistic, social structure)

Genetics (0%, mainly to simulate reproduction)

Narrator Feedback (20%, basic evaluation of species in-place)

The Results

Pending a successful test run . . .