Adam Beckett

Wargaming and the Pacific War (C-Span BookTV talk)

I killed my Twitter & Facebook accounts for quick communication, but I still wanted to share this book talk I found in my daily C-Span newsletter somehow, with the Three Moves Ahead listeners (and maybe, maybe ... Troy, Bruce and Rob).

Norman Friedman talked about how wargaming, or military strategy games and exercises, at the U.S. Naval War College contributed to Allied success in the Pacific at the end of World War II.

“Visualizing a Future War: Wargaming at Newport and the Pacific War” was a portion of “Endgame: August 1945 in Asia and the Pacific,” a symposium hosted by the Institute for the Study of Strategy and Politics.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?327355-6/wargaming-pacific-war

Yes, military wargaming is about 'games' as game theory is about Super Mario, but with the discussions on the 3MA podcasts and all our general interest in history, I thought, this might be something some might like to hear/watch, too.

I recently feel drawn towards the impenetrable "Command Modern Air/Naval Operations" - particularly every time after watching the latest episode of "The Last Ship" on Sundays. It is kind of the closest to this topic?