Sign in to follow this  
Nelsormensch

Terminal7 30: Some Bass Next Door

Terminal7 30: 

705__cover.jpg

Some Bass Next Door

Nels & Jesse arrive at the University of the Californias at Breaker Bay and it's game day! Getting a campus tour from a young astrophysics student, the scale of the London Library and the Tyson Observatory are both quite impressive. And all the megacorps are on campus today, at a hiring fair. They're scouting for new talent, showing off their impressive new server-specific ICE. Excitement, energy and one wicked party out by Monterey Bay.

So, only one question remains - who is inside the Finn mascot costume? 

Go Sharks!

Games Discussed: Android: Netrunner

Hello, guys!

As the saying goes, long time listener, first time poster.

At least hereabouts in my meta, the Breaker Bay ice are being called "founder" ices, because each one is named after a founder of their given (even if imaginary) field -- AI, genetic research, data storage, and presumably macro-nanotech. It's at least a bit more mnenomic than "local" ice or whatever you guys were trying.

Also, buckyballs totally exist, as in you can actually make them today. They're also found naturally in soot. They're named after Buckminster Fuller, and the molecule is more properly called buckminsterfullerene, because the things resemble a (very tiny) geodesic dome, which Fuller was fond of. Given the reference of buckyweave in Wayland cards, my guess would be that Meru Mati became famous for finding a way to weave chains of buckyballs into that immense wall -- basically, the first use of nanotech engineering on a vast macro scale.

The movie about Turing is called The Imitation Game and it's unfortunately only alright.

I've heard some people speculate the Gutenberg/Crick/Turing ice are like, educational ice for university students made by the corps for teaching purposes? Since they are all named after historical figures and the flavor text is very textbook-y. Not sure if that helps in coming up with a name

My favorite card art for this set has to be the match up of #23 Career Fair with #35 Recruiting Trip, the matching datapad makes me hope that #35 is a sneak peak at a soon to be released criminal runner.

I was thinking Pillar ICE since each of the namesakes are arguably instrumental for their respective disciplines and thus pillars of their field of science/engineering. Except for Meru Mati, who is fictional :) but you know what I mean.

Love the show guys! Thanks for making it!