Scrobbs

Retro/Grade

Anyone played this? If not,I strongly recommend that you try it! (Came out in August, so chances are you have :))

Heard that it had come out on steam, a lot of good stuff written about it. so grabbed the demo from PSN. Played it solid for the last 3 hours.

In short: Reverse schmup, but a beat-matching game. 'Gather' your laser blasts in time with the music, while avoiding bullets. Hm. Sounds lame when described like that. Don't listen to me - check out EG: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-22-retro-grade-review

I know it's been discussed on the cast before and I've played it for a couple of hours at PAX Prme 2011 and 2012.  It is a lot of fun and I'd get it if I had a PS3 guitar.  I know you can play it with a controller, but really what's the point.

It didn't actually occur to me that you would have to use a guitar - there is the option, but because it's cloaked in schmup uniform, quite happy using the pad. I don't have a guitar any more anyway :)

I got a while ago as a PS+ game and yeah I loved the concept of playing a game "backwards", but since I have no sense of rhythm, I had to play it on an easier setting.