Colourful Stuff

Unmechanical

'Puzzles you say? And physics? And adorable robots? Yes please!', that was the thought process that led to me buying Unmechanical. The only means of interacting with the environment is bumping or pulling. It feels great just playing with the physics and the way the robot's eyes dim when bumped is really charming. Unmechanical looks really polished with great lighting and art (reminiscent of a 3D Machinarium), however I was twice thwarted by objects becoming awkwardly jammed in geometry. Puzzles rarely outstay their welcome and are generally just difficult enough to make you feel clever for solving them.

If you are thinking about buying it note that it is only about two hours long, not a problem for me but I know some people get hung up on that stuff.

I would be interested in hearing another person's opinion of the ending. I personally didn't feel it was earned and somewhat soured my experience with the game.

post-26511-0-62825300-1344723240_thumb.jpg

I've played half an hour or so. I really like the look of the levels, with a lot of background/foreground details everywhere. The puzzles have been okay, and the thing you are controls really well with a gamepad. For however much it costs, it's worth it if you like solving physical and abstract puzzles by hauling shit around.

I agree, lifting heavy shit feels excellent. The puzzles themselves aren't the best but the tactile feeling of solving them makes up the difference.