Sign in to follow this  
Wurtsi

5-Year-Old Girl Makes Video Game

Yes, you read that right. This game is just way too adorable to exist.

sissy_title.jpg

Also check out the blog post describing the making of the game here.

This needs to happen more! Maybe they should just have a GameJam for kids, that would blow my mind. :clap:

Is this one of those things where you suspect it's not really made by a five year old girl, but a forty year old man?

Is this one of those things where you suspect it's not really made by a five year old girl, but a forty year old man?

No, it's kind of in the same vein as Axe-Cop, where the child has ideas and an older guy implements it.

Damn you Mr. Lemon, damn you!!

Presentation: 3/10

Graphics: 2/10

Sound: 3.5/10

Gameplay: 4/10

Lasting Appeal: 1/10

Overall: 2.5 (awful)

Better luck next time, kid!

Seriously though, that was adorable! xD

Kind of. There's definitely moments where you hear the father's voice in the girl's dialogue. ("Oh yeah, baby!", etc.) Still, aside from that, you do get an insight into her young brain: And it's a shocking mess that makes no sense. And it's a delightful, innocent, and whimsical place. Makes you wish for those halcyon days when your biggest concern was going to school (although school pretty much sucked, so it wasn't all rainbows and ponycorns).

As a hapless developer trying to make his first game I am inspired by this little girl. It takes serious dedication to make a game ! I hope the experiences teaches her a lot about completing complex projects and prepares her for more success in future life.