Tanukitsune

I just realized something strange.. that probably nobody cares about... (Hudson)

I recently discovered Hudson released in Japan three PC Engine (Turbo Grafx 16) collections for the PSP...

If you know Hudson or the PC Engine, you'll know what I'm about to talk about and you'll expect me to say that "Oh! They are obviously a Bomberman Collection and a PC Genjin (Bonk) Collection, right? Nope, you're wrong and that's the strange part!

The first collection is Star Soldier Collection, if you have a Wii you've probably got at least one of these games from the Virtual Console and that's basically the collection, the same game you get on Virtual Console, plus some special editions and some extras.... This doesn't seem that strange, but isn't the "X" of Thunder series better and more popular?

It's the other collections which seems very strange...

Tengai Makyo or Far Eat of Eden, is a JRPG series that takes place in medieval Japan, but has robots and cars in it... It had some popularity back in the day and it's still niche and kinda alive today, but once again it's seems strange that they choose this series when there many others people would have rather played first...

The weirdest collection is Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, which is two visual novels (like Snatcher) and an obscure and niche shmup that costs a fortune to get otherwise... This is real mystery among the others because... NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT THESE GAMES! I actually got the collection and... I just can't any info or any proof that anybody has heard or played this series before... It's like Sailor Moon with battle suits...

Some people have bought it for the shmup, but once again, it looks like nobody seems to know or care about the other games...

Imagine if Nintendo released a Kid Icarus collection instead of releasing Mario All Stars or the Zelda Collector's Edition or if Sega released a Fantazy Zone collection instead of a Sonic one...

I have nothing against these games existing and even I own two of them, but... Can anybody fathom why these were released instead of something more popular? I know I keep saying the PSP is the place for niche games, but this is getting silly!:erm: