Sign in to follow this  
Wesley Thomas

LuLu-ish Newspaper Service?

Discovered this today via a link on BBC: http://www.newspaperclub.co.uk/.

It's a LuLu-ish service based in the UK that allows for folks to print 12-paged newspapers on demand. You may use either their design tool or send in your own PDF. They're currently accepting applications for their beta.

What do you think? Personally, I feel this will revolutionize my religious tract business.

We've used them for event newpapers instead of event programmes, and it's a really lovely idea. As you might expect it's not outstandingly cheap and you have to get a fairly sizeable print run, but they're certainly a bunch of good guys and trying to keep the price as low as they can :tup:

We've used them for event newpapers instead of event programmes, and it's a really lovely idea. As you might expect it's not outstandingly cheap and you have to get a fairly sizeable print run, but they're certainly a bunch of good guys and trying to keep the price as low as they can :tup:

Nice. I fully plan on trying it out if it ends up making its way to America.

It's dead good - not cheap, as Nachimir says, but it really does work like it says. Also, though you can send them PDFs, their online tool is lovely for simpler, text-based papers. It's not really designed for single issues like Lulu - they're newspapers, not books, so longer print runs make more sense and really bring the cost down - but the results are great. There's something special about newsprint.

(Disclaimer - they're good friends, and they work next door).