Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbs

Natural Selection 2

Well, after believing the project dead, it seems as though they have got their act together, and have some shit to show us!

Check out the Onos! :woohoo:

4NkvIlUR2js

Seeing as I loved this game and played it for yonks, I think I may even pre-order!

So we have to buy this one?

Don't know whether I agree with that or not. On the one hand, it looks like Valve is continuing it's tradition of giving innovative indie developers a chance to enter the mainstream. On the other hand, I wouldn't have paid for the original...

Uh, so, hey. Thread necro.

So the NS2 "Gorilla" update just came out a few days ago, you may have seen coverage of it in various places around the net. Here's the trailer, which is, I must say, quite spiffy.

ZjPywj1TODo

(I really like the Unknown Worlds logo scene and I'm not entirely sure why.)

That said, for the past year and a half or so of Alpha/Beta, NS2 has been more or less unplayable with more than 6 or so people. Fortunately, the Gorilla update has not only brought things like the Onos and jetpacks into play in NS2, but it's cleaned up the optimization like no patch before.

What I'm saying is that NS2 is now not only playable, but incredibly fun to boot (feeling a lot like NS1 now) and if you were ever considering it, now's the time.

I've been playing it like non-stop for a week. There's still tons to do on the Marine side (as referenced by all the greyed out options when commanding), but it's really starting to be a "game". A good game, a game that is fun to play :tup: