lobotomy42

Flower, Sun and Rain

Has anyone here played this? Is it really as awful as the reviews on Adventuregamers and Eurogamer make it out to be?

I reviewed it for Den of Geek, and really didn't get on with it. It had a quirky, post-modern, anarchistic approach to adventure game conventions, but the gameplay was very repetitive, tediously linear and quite shallow -- consciously so.

Sorry to link to yet another review, but looking back, I think I really nailed my response to the game when I wrote it (even though it was my first 'proper' game review). I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, really.

I got it with my DS last week, not particularly out of choice. Played a wee bit, it's a very odd game, but whether it capitalises on that aspect like other Suda games is yet to become apparent.

I reviewed it for Den of Geek, and really didn't get on with it. It had a quirky, post-modern, anarchistic approach to adventure game conventions, but the gameplay was very repetitive, tediously linear and quite shallow -- consciously so.

There is some part of my brain that reads that description and thinks "How can it NOT be good?" But it sounds like I should resist that.