Sign in to follow this  
OftenK

Dark Sector's new image

I remember when Dark Sector was first announced, and I watched the tech demo for it, I was really excited about it. The music and atmosphere seemed unique and interesting, the gameplay promised to be fairly different. I was really looking forward to it.

But then they had to go and change the whole thing. The new setting is boring; I've seen it in dozens of other games. That sweet, transforming stealth suit? Gone. The awesome Yakudo music? Gone. Maybe I'm wrong about the game, but watching the footage of it, there's just nothing there that interests me anymore. Hopefully it still delivers on the gameplay--but, again, from what I've seen, it's looking a little..... eh. Not nearly as cool as it used to be.

It could just be that the whoever made the video had no idea what they were doing, it mind boggling how bad some game trailers can be, I agree with you, from the evidence of that trailer the game looks tiresome and exactly the same as everything out there (almost as if it is actively trying to be as similar to everything out there as possible).

Interesting camera position - might actually work. It does look decidedly generic in that video though.

Not followed Dark Sector (or should that be darkSector?) before now, so I'll go check out some screenshot archives and earlier previews to get a feel for what OftenK means.

Update: Hmm, looks like a potentially-interesting mashup of Guyver, Prey and STALKER. I really like the updated look to be honest, as the original setting (shown in the original teaser trailer) was much too Quake IV for my liking.