Sign in to follow this  
n0wak

Speaking of interesting indie games: Vecti

There's a french title called "Vecti": http://www.freegamer.net/

Looks like a cross between "Killer 7" and Renaissance. Unfortunately, the site is fairly sparce about actual gameplay details so I'm wary about spending money on it and there doesn't seem to be a demo but, still... nice aesthetic.

There is a 140 mb demo on the site, under media. From what a gathered, the game is supposed to be about confusing the player? Might be interesting.

Downloadable content again? If people wanted to buy little bits of things at a time, Tescos wouldn't be a multi-billion pound business. Prick up your freakin' ears developers: This kind of crap will not be tolerated. (at least not by me, even if the game looks fascinating)

The demo level was an adventure game (left-click to move, right-click to interact or "pray"). The camera angles got annoying with the point-and-click gameplay. Also annoying was the fact that the only puzzles in the demo appeared to be switch puzzles. However, activating said switches requires you to pray on circles on the ground, waiting for him to finish a 5-10 second chant. The graphics were stylized, but the cutscenes were of pretty low quality (and had a lot of trouble changing pixels on my laptop).

I found a random review by some site called Internode: http://games.internode.on.net/content.php?mode=reviews&id=61

They seemed to like the atmosphere, and say that the later levels get more complicated. They dislike the clunky gameplay, however. You can also die in the game, and you can't save except between levels.