Nick

NWN2

OMG it's out and awesome! I went through character creation during my lunch break at work and that's about all... but from that alone I can tell it's awesome :shifty:

Great nostalgia picking all my skills and feats etc, and of course there's a couple of extra options added in.

I think I'll find myself a good persistant server and play for a good while. NWN was better than an MMO so NWN2 will surely be even better, no?

Anyone else picked it up yet (and actually played through it some) ?

I'm hoping that they'll release a demo so I can see how well it runs on my computer before picking it up. I heard that it has surprisingly high system requirements.

I heard that it has surprisingly high system requirements.

That's me screwed by default then. :hmph:

If it turns out not to be too demanding then I might give it a shot. I struggled to get into the first one though, to be honest, so I'm hoping this one might have better 'hooks' for me personally than the last one did. A friend absolutely adored the original, and he and I both love tabletop role playing games anyway, so I was somewhat frustrated that I didn't find NWN compelling enough to really get stuck into it.

Well I've played a little now (my PC at home is out of action on the gaming front so I have to use a work kit when I can) and I'm less happy than I was initially.

The camera really gets on my nerves as I can't zoom out enough and it doesn't follow quite as I'd like it to. I've been told that you get used to it though. Also the game looks and feels quite clumbsy and doesn't have the crisp feel that I remember from the original. The graphics are a little cartoony, it can be a pain to target things and I miss the radial menu from the original. Also combat isn't as fluid as it was previously, each turn is a lot more obvious.

It is still good though.

The Eurogamer eview quite rightly didn't review it on what the community will add and make from the toolset, but it's definately what will complete it.

I'll have to play further before I can comment on the single player story.