Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

The Bard's Tale

While most of you were busy playing HL2, I was playing The Bard's Tale, and I just finished it. It was good, original, funny, etc. I definitly wouldn't go so far as to say it's the funniest game that I've ever played, like IGN did, but it does makes some pretty good jabs at old RPG cliches. Gamespot was right about the combat, it is its weakest part. It gets a bit repetetive and tedious at times. One of my favorite things was the songs. They're hilarious. I was surprised to see as the credits were rolling that apparently Michael Land, Peter McConnell, and Clint Bajakian wrote and sung the songs. I'm not 100% certian that they sung them, but I don't feel like going back and watching the credits again right now. I'll double check tomorrow. I think I know of a way that I can get a couple of the songs and upload them tomorrow, though I'm not positive if it'll work.

I'm pretty sure those three did sing the songs, along with Jake's friend (who I sort of kind of know I guess) Jared, who used to work for Clint. Jake can confirm or deny these things.

I have the promotional DVD that has four of the songs on it (including the best song), and I tried ealier today to capture them using some program that saves, as a mp3, whatever passes through the sound card. It worked -- sort of. For some reason the recordings always turned out jumpy. I'm not sure if it was just the program that I used, or if it was my crappy computer's fault. I'll try again some other time with a different program and possibily a different computer.