Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Idle Weekend August 11, 2017: The Mooch

Idle Weekend August 20, 2017:

Idle Weekend August 20, 2017

The Mooch
In honor of the Mooch, we go through our gaming torrid affairs: games we had a very brief, very intense love affair with. Sometimes, these things just don't work out. Discussed: Kingdom, No Man's Sky, Empire: Total War, Mass Effect 3, What Remains of Edith Finch, Ruse, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Speaking of No Man's Sky, it's pretty commendable how Hello Games have kept updating the game even through all the backlash. Seems like they've added a lot of the features people were originally expecting now.

About Mass Effect 3, mileage may vary, but Danielle (and anyone else who played ME3 vanilla): it might be worth revisiting the game with some of the DLC. I first played 3 long after release with both the From Ashes and Leviathan DLC (plus extended ending) and loved it. It even ended up being my favourite of the trilogy. For me, while it undeniably has low points and missed opportunities, it also had the highest highs of the series. Those DLCs definitely add *a lot* though. I think if I had played the game without those two I would be more down on it like the rest of the internet. They're basically essential. From Ashes adds a character that should really never have been cut from the main game (Javik) and Leviathan fills out the backstory in a way that lends a lot more weight and clarity to the finale. On my second playthrough I added the Citadel DLC and man that is just the *perfect epilogue* to end the series on. Seriously, if you play nothing else Mass Effect, at least play Citadel. It's great. And if you feel like giving ME3 another chance, try it with the other DLC. (probably skip Omega though... it's enjoyable but unnecessary)