Sign in to follow this  
N1njaSquirrel

The Corny AMV/VGMV Thread to Ruin Everything

I really like Ship Happens too. 

edit: possible epilepsy warning on this one, I don't know much about epilepsy.

and 

Are ones I saw recently and enjoyed.

Fuck, normally I'm all about terrible shit, but there are so many crappy AMVs out there that I'd rather just post legitimately good ones.

Just imagine I posted a bunch of Linkin Park AMVs with that Windows Movie Maker rainbow effect applied to everything.

Fuck, normally I'm all about terrible shit, but there are so many crappy AMVs out there that I'd rather just post legitimately good ones.

go on, post the worst one you can find. Just so I know how deep the rabbit hole goes.

In this direction, there's always

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NboSeVfWph8

Despite getting the ball rolling on this I actually don't know much about AMVs. But in 2002 I wanted to download videos to watch and for some reason AMVs were the only thing I could think of to look up. Probably because my friend had this one on his computer.

I wonder if any really weird bands have been used for AMVs. Like, is there a Von LMO AMV? A Nomeansno AMV?

EDIT: Oh man,

go on, post the worst one you can find. Just so I know how deep the rabbit hole goes.

oh, you're asking tegan to post the worst thing she can find on the internet

speaking from experience, that's not wise

Mildly NSFW. Most of the footage in this one is taken from a commercial for Internet Explorer.

I'm posting in this thread because tegan has "found the worst possible AMV. Like, the WORST." But she doesn't want to quadruple post.

That code monkey one is really good. I could probably have been fooled into thinking it was the official, bespoke video. Also, I really liked that song and it's inspired me to check more Coulton out. I didn't realise he went so Nerf Herder-y.

I liked the moment when the pig talking synched to the siren sound effect. And when the turtle(?) said "it was just incredible".

Yup, worthy of being called the worst. But...it's real. And heartfelt. Sure, it crosses Linkin Park with Dragonball Z with spoken statements after the 9/11 attacks, but if those are pretty much only the cultural touching points that resonate with you, then you might somewhat be limited in expressing yourself. Didn't help that they were somewhat unskillful in that regard, too.

How does this all relate to another? What connects thematically DBZ with statements about the 9/11 attacks? Kinda nothing, the visuals are unconnected from the audio, but you know, it feels right. There's sad face, a villain, there's action, a determined face, there is destruction, there's an angry face, there are monsters...yeah, point well made.

Thanks tegan! :tup:

Welllllllllllllllllll

Dragon Ball Z's repeated plot device is that some bad dude or group of dudes is threatening to destroy or conquer the planet Earth, and they fight back and win. That lines up pretty smoothly with the theme of striking back at the terror---

okay barf i'm done sorry

also i have no idea where linkin park comes in

TEGAN OH MY GOD. Everything about that. It reminds me of after the Oklahoma bombing certain radio stations played a Live song mixed with news footage.

There's a spectrum of tasteless "disaster tribute" music where Bruce Springsteen's album "The Rising" is on one end and on the other end is someone putting 9/11 news audio over terrible nu-metal and then putting Dragonball Z over that.

Um.

Here's an actually good one to balance things out.

And just because I find these entirely too enjoyable.

Apple Cider - you have to use the youtube.com url, not the youtu.be one (no tags or anything needed):