Chris

Idle Thumbs 202: Poopwater, New Mexico

I mean okay to be blunt it makes you sound like you're 12. That's all.

>____>

OT: Smoking weed isn't particularly rare here in NZ, man. I'm not sure where you've grown up but I've known plenty of people involved in it.

Yea I get that but as a podcaster at any time at least 5% of the forums are going to disagree with you so if that upsets you you are going to be in the forums weekly publicly posting about how that disappoints you. I don't understand that.

I don't believe this is how I operate.

I'm obviously fine with people having opinions about whatever they want, but a relatively minor anecdote on the podcast ended up spurring a totally dominating discussion that to me went far beyond the scope of the actual content and completely pre-sidelined any ability for discussion about anything else. If, as claimed, the discussion wasn't actually about Danielle and her experience, maybe this thread isn't the place for it. If it was, it was probably more than sufficient to communicate everyone's views that were showing no sign of being changed in any direction.

If the cast did a whole episode on meth, I wouldn't judge. However, I would be upset if they all became methlords.

And stole lab equipment from schools.

So glad someone picked up that blunt usage.

I got it! I'm just here late!

As someone who's not even a weedsquire, has no desire, and would prefer if people didn't when I was around, I'm hypothetically more concerned about Danielle's well being (but not actually concerned) that she boxes than that one time she did The Drugs and then video gamed.

Then so be it, i'd rather make a stand about something that matters than be friends with those who have differing views.

What the hell, man.

My only contribution to this trainwreck of a discussion is to get 'notorious weedlord' on this page as well.

It looks like the Crate & Crowbar podcast called their Cities Skylines episode what this episode probably should have been called: "Forget it Jake, It's Pootown".

God that is good.

Thanks for the side discussion about Mulholland Drive. Story Time: the first time I watched it was with a crappy low res pirated version, alone, in the middle of the night, on my 16th birthday. Not a deliberate decision on my part, just a weird coincidence of circumstances after reading that it was a weird and interesting movie. It was my first Lynch film too. So after finishing the movie I couldn't fall asleep because I became terrified of the dark again, despite having overcome that years ago, and just terrified and unsettled in general. That feeling pervaded my normal waking life, lingering for at least a week or more, and to quote Sean - crept so deep inside me that I've never gotten rid of it.

Tying this back to video games, reading that Mulholland Drive was a major influence for Jon Blow when creating Braid makes a lot a sense. Like Hotline Miami, the ending subverts everything you've done throughout the game in a really unsettling and memorable way.

Thanks also for tales from Notorious Weedlord n0Sc0p3R xXxEAGlEKIllAxXx

Oh yeah, also thank you for giving me a few seconds from the first mention of Mulholland Drive to any discussion about the movie - it gave me a chance to skip forward half a minute and miss any minor spoilers. That movie has been on my to-watch list forever!