Chris

Idle Thumbs 202: Poopwater, New Mexico

We're just worried about your safety, Chris! What's going to happen to the podcast when Danielle inevitably falls into debauchery, murder, suicide, and insanity (which is apparently worse than murder or suicide)?

Or, worst of all, when someone decides you need to be colorized???

post-8476-0-56507200-1427390076.jpg

I really don't want to extend the legality/morality/health discussion any further but I DO want to point out very briefly that Danielle is probably the single healthiest and fittest person I know, and she also pointed out that she hardly even drinks alcohol; this was an unusual occurrence for her. I don't know that, even for those who object to recreational drug use, this is actually a particular case for concern along any axis. She's not a notorious weedlord. Surely the notion of someone going outside their typical daily experience on an occasional basis in a way that doesn't harm or affect others is nothing to get too worked up about. Everyone is free to their own opinion of course but it's been a slight bummer to see so much judgment-inflected debate over a minor choice made by one of my friends.

Quoting this because I agree completely, on all counts, and also so that "notorious weedlord" shows up on the page another time.

"notorious weedlord" has no hits (in quotes) in google, making this thread the prime destination online for people to learn about notorious weedlords.  I sense an advertising opportunity here. 

Also notoriousweedlord.com is available. 

Also, yeah, totally agreed with Chris. 

.lord does not appear to be a top level domain, and I for one won't stand for that.

It's real, it's just reserved for official nobles and people with high intake of potentially taboo substances.

toke discreetly, my notorious weedlord

I was never a big weed guy, but I do have good memories of playing Soul Calibur with friends while we all did huge bong rips and drank 40s. Saturn Bomberman is also good for a group of up to 10 wasted people.

I had less success combining the two great passions of my teenage years: heroin and Quake (the original, primarily in multiplayer). The nausea, lethargy and general lack of focus just didn't accommodate the demands of the game. I did have wicked Quake dreams when I'd finally nod out, though.

I'd be pleased if notoriousweedlord.com was a .gif-of-a-stoned-eagle-getting-headshot-by-an-arrow that redirected to idlethumbs.net on clickthrough. I know that's an embellishment, but it's the easiest way to make the composition work. :P

It was one of the funniest encapsulated game moments I've heard in a long time, and I also agree that the lead into legalization discussion was a few degrees too far for me to follow.

I really don't want to extend the legality/morality/health discussion any further but I DO want to point out very briefly that Danielle is probably the single healthiest and fittest person I know, and she also pointed out that she hardly even drinks alcohol; this was an unusual occurrence for her. I don't know that, even for those who object to recreational drug use, this is actually a particular case for concern along any axis. She's not a notorious weedlord. Surely the notion of someone going outside their typical daily experience on an occasional basis in a way that doesn't harm or affect others is nothing to get too worked up about. Everyone is free to their own opinion of course but it's been a slight bummer to see so much judgment-inflected debate over a minor choice made by one of my friends.

Im not 100% sure that any of the Weed debate was aimed directly at Danielle, we all obviously like her its just a contentious issue that people have strong opinions on and if some people feel uncomfortable / disappointed that a role model they look up to / listen to weekly takes part in an issue that they feel the opposite about then they are allowed to voice such. Its not at all an attack on Danielle or anything close, in fact it more turned out to be another avenue to discuss their feelings around the legalization debate. It would be akin to you (Chris) publishing that you voted Republican, the forums would contain people discussing their opinions of such and as public role models you subject yourselves to it. I respect you guys and I personally feel upset that me voicing my concerns around weed usage to other forum members made you feel like we judged Danielle in a way you have deemed unacceptable. I really could go on but I won't. 

Im not 100% sure that any of the Weed debate was aimed directly at Danielle, we all obviously like her its just a contentious issue that people have strong opinions on and if some people feel uncomfortable / disappointed that a role model they look up to / listen to weekly takes part in an issue that they feel the opposite about then they are allowed to voice such. Its not at all an attack on Danielle or anything close, in fact it more turned out to be another avenue to discuss their feelings around the legalization debate. It would be akin to you (Chris) publishing that you voted Republican, the forums would contain people discussing their opinions of such and as public role models you subject yourselves to it. I respect you guys and I personally feel upset that me voicing my concerns around weed usage to other forum members made you feel like we judged Danielle in a way you have deemed unacceptable. I really could go on but I won't. 

As someone who is neither a weedlord nor a booze baron, I'll offer that the reaction to your comments is because basically nobody likes the judge-y guy who 'tut tuts' when people partake of things he doesn't approve of. It's like, if you didn't drink but went to a party and just sort of disappointedly shook your head at someone as they talked about wine tasting.

As someone who is neither a weedlord nor a booze baron, I'll offer that the reaction to your comments is because basically nobody likes the judge-y guy who 'tut tuts' when people partake of things he doesn't approve of.

Yea I get that but as a podcaster at any time at least 5% of the forums are going to disagree with you so if that upsets you you are going to be in the forums weekly publicly posting about how that disappoints you. I don't understand that.

Im not 100% sure that any of the Weed debate was aimed directly at Danielle, we all obviously like her its just a contentious issue that people have strong opinions on and if some people feel uncomfortable / disappointed that a role model they look up to / listen to weekly takes part in an issue that they feel the opposite about then they are allowed to voice such. Its not at all an attack on Danielle or anything close, in fact it more turned out to be another avenue to discuss their feelings around the legalization debate. It would be akin to you (Chris) publishing that you voted Republican,

Oof. No need to be cruel.

Yea I get that but as a podcaster at any time at least 5% of the forums are going to disagree with you so if that upsets you you are going to be in the forums weekly publicly posting about how that disappoints you. I don't understand that.

I think there is a difference between disagreeing with someone and making a value judgment on something they choose to partake in that literally has no effect on anybody else.

I don't really care if you understand it, my point was that it'll make you few friends here.

I don't really care if you understand it, my point was that it'll make you few friends here.

Then so be it, i'd rather make a stand about something that matters than be friends with those who have differing views.

And not because we're all notorious weedlords here! More just because saying that smoking pot is the pastime of children and criminals is a little bit shitty to say.

Then so be it, i'd rather make a stand about something that matters than be friends with those who have differing views.

Oof, you're really going to go through life refusing to be friends with anyone with whom you disagree, even about smoking pot once? Rough times ahead.

And not because we're all notorious weedlords here! More just because saying that smoking pot is the pastime of children and criminals is a little bit shitty to say.

I said that about my country, not the States. 

I mean okay to be blunt it makes you sound like you're 12. That's all.

Yup the feelings pretty mutual. 

I said that about my country, not the States. 

I don't know if I can care, because I can't really believe you. Since you're willing to ditch everyone in this forum just for defending (or, in my case, sincerely not caring about) occasional recreational use of marijuana, how have you ever known anyone who smokes it long enough to find out what kind of person they are? And, I don't know, that's okay, but I'd probably just confine myself to saying, "It's not for me," rather than going on about how Danielle has failed me a little as a role model.

Also I know of at least one person who smokes marijuana in New Zealand and is working on his PhD. Like, not personally, he was just on a podcast I used to listen to often as a call-in guest, but yeah. He's probably lying and is a kid or a criminal or both.

Also I know of at least one person who smokes marijuana in New Zealand and is working on his PhD. Like, not personally, he was just on a podcast I used to listen to often as a call-in guest, but yeah. He's probably lying and is a kid or a criminal or both.

article-0-198FB01A000005DC-609_634x496.j