Tanukitsune

Jeff LEGOldblum a.k.a. LEGO Jurassic World

It's been a while since I was interested in a Lego game. I guess it will depend on how good the sound-alikes are.

In LEGO The Hobbit and LEGO Lord of The Rings they just used audio clips from the movies.

Do you think Samuel L. Jackson's arm will be playable? I'm sure they'll at least do some sort of gag with it.

I love how the Lego and Jurassic World logos are exactly the same size. That feels very corporate-mandated.

psssh tim and lex don't say grandpa when everyone is visiting the raptor pen they're in the visitor's center

the thing that interrupts their visiting the raptor pen is chef alejandro's chilean sea bass

Are these seemingly endless Lego games actually still good, or just competent kid-friendly fan service? I haven't played any since the first Indy one.

We buy about one a year (usually not the most recent one), and they're still fun.  It nails the sweet spot for co-op gaming where it's just dumb fun.  The last one we picked up was the big Marvel one. 

psssh tim and lex don't say grandpa when everyone is visiting the raptor pen they're in the visitor's center

the thing that interrupts their visiting the raptor pen is chef alejandro's chilean sea bass

Nothing "interrupts" Dr. Grant's inspection of the raptor feeding, really; in fact, he rudely interrupted Mr. DNA's auto erotica tour of the inGen labs, what with their Thinkin' Machines sooper computers.

I really hope there's a lego version of this at the end of the game:

On a side note, I never got into the lego games, but I've never really tried that hard to either. Which one is the best?

Well, they all improve with each game, so I'd suggest any of the latest ones? If you go too far back, like the first Star Wars games, those are less intuitive and the partner AI can get frustrating.

Are these seemingly endless Lego games actually still good, or just competent kid-friendly fan service? I haven't played any since the first Indy one.

It comes and goes. I did not like the LEGO Marvel thingy, but the LEGO Movie game was good. I think the LEGO games which are based on a movie/book are the better games.

Oh, right. I'm pretty sure the LEGO movie game is the pinnacle of their games and some of the bigger franchises are almost annoying to complete, but not play, they have so many characters and extra missions it can feel tedious.

But I doubt Jurassic Park cast will be as big as the Marvel Universe, even if they add a ton of dinosaurs.

I really hope there's a lego version of this at the end of the game:

On a side note, I never got into the lego games, but I've never really tried that hard to either. Which one is the best?

God this remains amazing. So perfectly condescending and like a huge slap in the face.

It also has unlockable and customizible dinos:

CHUIgo0VEAA-j_W.jpg

'your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.' -Jeff Goldgame Bloomgame

I'm not really in any hurry to see Jurassic World, but maybe I'll just play this anyway. I am kind of into Lego games, and I am very into Jeff Goldblum.

I've beaten all four movies and I do have one BIG complaint, the racing is the worst thing ever.

Since in this game you can race with dinosaur and vehicles, one of the challenges is simply figuring out what to bloody use. In one race around Isla Nublar, I still can't figure how to do it, none of the vehicles can even reach the second checkpoint before the time runs out and it's almost a straight line and there is only one button, accelerate. Only a few dinos have a dash ability which somehow makes them faster than ALL the cars, but they still can't make it past the third checkpoint.

The racing is a mess in general, the controls for the dinosaurs don't seem made for racing and the raptor races seem impossible and I'm baffled, did they not test it enough? Do they actually just expect us to "git gud" in a LEGO game? It can be that since the controls are too simple. I'm just... baffled?

It's possible that the Traveler's Tales is so busy working on LEGO Worlds and LEGO Dimensions that this LEGO game lacked some polish, specifically in the racing? Frankly, the combat lacked some "flourish", but I guess it wasn't supposed to have a combat system that looked as good as the Marvel or DC ones?

The game itself is still great and it had the most hilarious moments ever and... quite a few comedy duds. The racing is just a side dish gone bad that I'm trying hard to not make dislike the game in general.