Ucantalas

Meow.

Bjorn, i thought they were children he was between!

I'm super trying to figure out what you were seeing in that video?

SOrry, pic of the cat lying between the people on the last page:P

SOrry, pic of the cat lying between the people on the last page:P

That makes way more sense!

Oh You wana talk cats do you , WELL...

I have a cat, she is a Tortoishall cat. The only cat we have ever purchased, the rest have been rescued.

She is naturally reserved and skitish, running from everything first then checking whether it is safe to be around.

She also has a thyroid condition where she thinks shes constantly hungry, which means other than the two times a day when she has food, she's meowing for food. anytime someone moves in the house she runs the kitchen in hope she will be fed. Her skittish nature combined with this constant makes her extrememly anxious, so if shes particulary anxious because im not feeding her she licks herself until she vomits, then she gets up set and will sometimes vomit more, then when she is fed, she will sometimes eat it so fast, she will vomit it all up again. LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH

f5NP2of.jpg

This is Cookie. He's 18 years old, neurotic, and full of arthritis. He sheds constantly and his list of fears includes everything. He's pretty dumb most of the time, but the one thing he figured out is that getting his face scratched feels good, so when he's happy he whacks his head into things to simulate the effect of being petted.

One of these pictures shows him after he got out of bed and walked two feet before laying down to sleep again. He does that alot. Life is hard for an old man cat. He has one arm outstretched because he also once learned that if he sleeps somewhere he's not supposed to and someone tries to pick him up, he can dig his claws in and make it really hard for them to move him. Now he just does that no matter where he is.

post-34045-0-12318300-1427080270_thumb.jpg

post-34045-0-90131000-1427080420_thumb.jpg

post-34045-0-90548800-1427080471_thumb.jpg

post-34045-0-24091100-1427080482_thumb.jpg

In addition to an older cat who's probably on the way out (her sister went last year), we have a litter of five cats that we rescued, coming up on 3 years old (I think). Don't have too many up-to-date pictures but here's a couple of our ginger boys since you all seem to like em so much.

Sbo9mM4.jpg

RYHcUVe.jpg

And just as a bonus, here's my favourite picture of my favourite cat (or at least, the one that likes me best) from soon after we'd rescued them.

mdk0EzP.jpg

From top to bottom, this is Sebastian, Daisy, and Juniper. Sebastian belongs to my girlfriend's brother, the girls are ours. A friend of a friend was moving last summer and was going to have to give them to the SPCA if she couldn't find someone to take them, so we got the kitties. They're sisters from separate litters and dumb as hell, but really sweet. Juniper is SUPER neurotic, Daisy is incredibly chill. Good balance. We got them the kitty tower for Christmas and this photo is taken from them enjoying it on Christmas morning. Daisy's fat ass found the hammock immediately, Juniper found somewhere to hide, and Sebastian just likes to be included since he was over to visit.

9Zh5qMkl.jpg

I don't keep cats myself since I'm out of the house or out of town too often for even a relatively independent pet, but thankfully a lot of the people in our building do, so there's a couple I run into on the way to the elevator.

Anyway, contributing with this picture of the two furballs I shared a room in Berlin with during A MAZE last year. The were both really friendly. The orange one was a bit playfully bitey, but the white one was just the nicest thing, very interested in climbing on my shoulders when I got down to tie my showlaces. Definitely got the full cat experience from that brief stay, everything from sitting on my luggage, to sitting on my clothes to sitting anywhere on my body I wouldn't push them off, really.

This cat is interested in exactly 3 toys.

1. His tennis ball

2. His fluffy caterpillar

3. His laser pointer (not pictured)

post-34173-0-09700000-1427910334_thumb.jpg

post-34173-0-21919500-1427910367_thumb.jpg

post-33948-0-71506800-1427921299_thumb.jpg

It is getting warmer outside during the day - but at night i still need to fight for bed space with the cats.  Luna (pictured) likes to sleep between my legs, Maya will huddle at my torso...and frequently i wake up eye to eye with Lily at the head.

They leave my wife alone because she gets up 4-5x a night and turns a lot whereas I am generally stationary.

our cat got diagnosed with a minor eye infection so now we have to apply drops to her eyes daily. She hates it. 

any tips for applying eye drops to a skittish cat who is wary of people? 

our cat got diagnosed with a minor eye infection so now we have to apply drops to her eyes daily. She hates it. 

any tips for applying eye drops to a skittish cat who is wary of people? 

I just had to go through that with my black cat, Little, and getting the eye drops in her eye was torture. If you can get her in your lap, or otherwise facing away from you, a sneak attack coming from behind her head can sometimes work. In my experience, once the cat sees the eyedropper, it's game over. Even when I had her swaddled in a towel I still had the hardest time keeping her head still!

Here are my cats Little and Lucy:

B1yP7GEIIAEWO3p.jpg

I posted this on Twitter a while back and now it looks like it was deleted? I don't know why*.

scrub20.png

*Actually, upon typing this, it occurs to me that I probably stupidly uploaded it to Imgur and linked it on Twitter instead of uploading it directly to Twitter. Thank you for helping me reach this epiphany, cat thread.

There are so many wonderful cats in this thread :3 Thank you all.

post-34958-0-77407500-1429581598_thumb.jpg

On the left, the longhair is Jackson and on the right is Kitty. We got Kitty as a kitten (one of the friends I live with took him in from the streets) and couldn't ever agree on a good name for him - eventually we realized that we'd taken too long to name him and only ever called him Kitty so it stuck. Jackson was a rescue owned by a friend who moved in with us. They're the best of friends and I like to call them KC and JC when they're paddin' around the house together. The coolest thing about them is that they have really distinct personalities and are pretty different from each other - but they're still basically brothers.

Likes: Wrasslin', people-watching, going places where they definitely aren't allowed to be and breaking things together.

Dislikes: the sound of plastic bags, being snuck up on, waiting to be fed.

All of our cats are pretty obsessed about sleeping on or next to the lady as much as possible.

post-33601-0-97960200-1430772363_thumb.jpg

post-33601-0-05159100-1430772389_thumb.jpg