Ucantalas

Meow.

There's a neighbourhood cat that's constantly picking fights with my cat. She hasn't had a serious injury from it yet, but I've pulled two claws out of her forehead. I feel like I need to keep constant watch as soon as I let her out the door.

Eh, whichever ends up getting traction.  I actually like the simplicity of Meow as a thread title, so we all usually try to be entirely too clever. 

to continue from the other thread - Life #11305

Fortunately the older cat is still pretty spry and doesnt have any issue walking around or the stairs.  She is getting older, but still plays with the little ones some, holds her ground and will swat them away, and has no trouble jumping up the couch or bed.

We have not yet talked to our vet, but wet food is next on the list of trials.  Having three cats it is tricky to ensure one cat is eating a particular food - or enough at all.    She is not losing weight and mood seems fine - so we'll just have to see.

She had pancreatitis 2yrs which was a whole another issue - major mood change, weight loss.  3 days in the vet and a K or two later she turned out fine.  There was no way my wife was going to put her down a few months after her brother had to be put down with mouth cancer.  We have her tested now once a year - and was just in over the winter with no signs of relapse.

But this is the end of my depressing cat talk.  I love my three girls, they are spectacular companions.  I am trying for 2 more, but i dont think i'll win that battle anytime soon.

and now the obligatory photos - inside spoilers to not super spam the thread already

Lily - 13yr (the older cat in discussion) with her brother a few years back

post-33948-0-90699500-1426278874_thumb.jpg

Maya - 3yr Tuxedo & Luna - 2yr - trouble

post-33948-0-50436600-1426279210_thumb.jpg

And all three looking for trouble

post-33948-0-65838500-1426279810_thumb.jpg

We have a cat-door and came home from a weekend-trip to find a fourth cat laying on our bed. We've been trying to scare it off for months but it keeps coming back and actually spraying our house. We started keeping the cat-door closed, but one of ours has always hunter at night to subsidize the meager portions we provide; she basically makes noise until I get frustrated enough to open the cat-door and we end up waking up to the strong odor of territory-pee.

Then we had a big snow the other night. While discussing how we won't be going to work, Orange Cat (the urinator) came down stairs all sleepy eyes like he fucking lives here. We couldn't put him out in the snow knowing that he would just push against the side of the house the entire day and be cold, so we locked him in the kinda furnished attic.

This morning I picked him up from the vet after we dropped him off to get his balls cut off. He's going to have to stay in our attic for 10 days to avoid possible infections. I love how I kept telling the vet-techs that he is NOT OUR CAT and they just would aquiesce and then I would of course agree to something that makes him more of OUR CAT by agreeing to protect him and nuture him after surgery (and an eye infection and worms, and shots). They probably get people in denial like myself every day.

My kitty came from a litter of farm cats along with his brother, my sister's cat.
My parents, under the advice of the vets, switched them both to wet food from dry food, because in order to make sure both got enough to eat, you had to put out too much dry food, & my kitty would just graze all day and he put on a bunch of weight.
When we moved him out here after Christmas, we kept him on wet food until he decided in late January that he would rather go hungry than eat the wet food that he liked mere days earlier.
This went for every flavor & food style, and he was a terror for a couple days because he was hungry.
We broke down and got him some dry food which he happily is eating to this day.
It does mean that we have a ton of wet food that he previously loved, then turned his nose up at, so I'm slowly reintroducing wet food to him (half a can in the morning and half a can in the evening on Fridays & Saturdays)
It seems to be working!
He's changed his mind, and now likes the meaty bits in gravy & shreds that he refused before, meaning that I don't have to donate like 60 cans of cat food to a local shelter, and that he will slowly eat through my stockpile.
I'm unlikely to buy any more after he exhausts this store of gross smelling meat pastes.
(If he decides he no longer likes it, I will still donate the cat food, but it's $ I already spent, and am on a budget where I can't give it away without at least trying to get him to eat it.)

post-34173-0-14143700-1426284394_thumb.jpg

also, Sean Vanaman brought this delightful thing into the world, if you haven't seen it, mitten.cat

Okay, the Meow thread wins, I'm moving my pictures over here.  Long live the Meow thread!

Let's make introductions. This is Tig, our old man (15-16 years old)

post-33601-0-18122600-1426284836_thumb.jpg

This is Mangus, our behaviorally challenged 7 year old.

post-33601-0-92550100-1426284787_thumb.jpg

And this is Girlfriend, so named because we joked about getting Mangus a girlfriend when we adopted her, then that joke actually stuck as the name.

post-33601-0-05532200-1426284717_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys, I like cats and I have two but I can't think of anything more boring than hearing about someone's cat unless it's absolutely extraordinary. At least not without context of having met the cat.

But continue.

When I was 18 I decided I was going to get a tattoo. I had finally settled on exactly what I wanted but backed out at the last minute when I realized the guy who was going to do my tattoo was a meth addict and douchebag. So I went and got a kitten instead. I was going to name him God cause I thought it would be funny but went with Zeus instead to avoid needlessly offending people.

Zeus is almost 12 years old now and developed a nasty habit a couple years ago where he continuously chews off all his belly hair so he has a permanent bald belly. It's pretty gross and whenever he does it it sounds like someone is masturbating so we get to deal with that on a daily basis.

Anyways, here's a picture of our other way cooler cat Pima on the other side of our filthy sliding glass door.

post-31977-0-11002400-1426285732_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys, I like cats and I have two but I can't think of anything more boring than hearing about someone's cat unless it's absolutely extraordinary. At least not without context of having met the cat.

But continue.

I pretty much never get tired of hearing about, talking about or seeing pictures of kitties. 

I pretty much never get tired of hearing about, talking about or seeing pictures of kitties. 

Seconded.

Our cat has taken up a love of cables. She doesn't yet respect that people's legs, backs, and stomachs are not for climbing. But at least she hasn't pooped in our room for a while!

I think she's still a wonderful cat but my partner doesn't want to be too fond until she stops smelling of fart a lot if the time.

Speaking of cat related weirdness, anyone else excited for Mewgenics?

I'm very sorry about your loss Atlantic : (

I'm terrified that something bad would happen to my kitty if he got outside. He's always been strictly indoors, mostly because my mother didn't want him terrorizing our neighborhood birds, squirrels, & chipmunks. He isn't declawed, and is bigger than most anything that would try and cross him, but it makes me too nervous to let him out.

But continue.

I'm in it for the cat pictures.

Fine then I'll look at the pictures and that's it.

Here's my cat, my sister watched him once for a week and people put stuff on him and took a picture because you know, the stuff on my cat meme.

2212_520552952544_3449_n.jpg?oh=e93f4725

He likes iPads too:

1602130_10202093011459671_805611237_o.jp

Now Sam is an attention whore:

264208_2172655396411_7328281_n.jpg?oh=f8

Fargo doesn't give a shit about fires:

41016_1595177479824_5743937_n.jpg?oh=ab0

Or Toys:

581234_3883290961231_529810520_n.jpg?oh=

Oh, man. I need to move to a place where I can have a cat. It's been too long since good old Big Roll died. :-(

I miss my puffer! Two years ago she's passed at 17 to cancer, a good cat life but never long enough. She was a good dear, who's love of me was only matched by her hatred of all things not me. She would let me hold her back the back legs and wheelbarrow her around. whenever my girlfriend slept over she would wake up to find her perched on her chest, staring, doing the cat thing is sitting on pointed feet for focused weight, rather than just sitting down and dispersing it.

sleepco.jpg

Here is Oscar. I started seeing him a few years ago when he was a feral kitten living under my house. Eventually I trapped him in the laundry and tamed him. It took a few weeks before I didn't have to handle him with thick gardening gloves but after a couple months he was a total sweetheart. He went through a pretty long phase of not eating unless I was personally standing next to his bowl. A while back I left him with some friends while I went overseas, and they unexpectedly couldn't keep him and had to hand him off to some less reliable friends of friends, and they lost him. He wasn't seen for over four months, and then someone found him and took him to the vet and I got him back. I am super lucky.

A while later some guy called up all "You still looking for that cat? Because I just killed one just like it." People are strange and awful.

10389238_10152667103722819_4513971199394

11006397_10152906587437819_5644381811630

10959719_10152892390792819_5004841913689

10998856_10152906589662819_7435743959252