Dinosaursssssss

Wizard Jam - Idle Thumbs Game Jam Interest Gauge / Chit Chat corner

Joining in on the fun soon as I have some sleep and free time. I'm 100% sure my art will be literally the worst things ever(or just straight public license stuff), but hopefully the gameplay will be nice and fun. Woo~

Still deciding on an episode title. TBH I'm already decided on the kind of game, so it's more about finding something that fits a theme.

YEEEEEEHAAAWWWW   *fires six-shooters into the air*

kcJfYYW.png

Oh woof, that is SO good!! Well done!

I have a feeling there are going to be numerous Jake protagonists in this jam...

I've been at work all day so all I have to show is this first sketch for The Legend of Big Bird's Bones.

CCPKlktUwAEJ7tq.png

I started modelling a big dog last night. My goal for the jam is to rig/uv/animate a thing for the first time which is probably ambitious on its own, and even more so because I picked a weird quadruped with crazy legs. Woo!

edit: heres a really good BigDog video from Boston Dynamics

I haven't been following along with this thread at all even though I was interested from the start.  I didn't think I'd have time to do anything.  I still don't really but I've changed my mind and said "screw it, I'll try to make a shitty thing".  I made a new year's resolution to make a game this year and thus far I've done nothing to that end so maybe this will help me actually make some progress.  I bought a copy of Gamemaker Studio Professional last year when it was on sale and haven't touched it since.  I'm probably going to try and use that.  I have zero art talent so I may be asking for some help there.

Holy shit, two progress pics and I already feel inadequate. Nice work! (No, really, nice work guys. Those Jakes are fantastic.)

Great idea for a jam btw., I'm glad it was mentioned on the cast. I quickly had an idea for Epsiode 45, but I'm still not sure what the gemplay should be. I can code, and really want to, but never made a game, and my mind always comes back to Twine.

Is there anyone planning to make a game in Phaser?

I haven't been following along with this thread at all even though I was interested from the start.  I didn't think I'd have time to do anything.  I still don't really but I've changed my mind and said "screw it, I'll try to make a shitty thing".  I made a new year's resolution to make a game this year and thus far I've done nothing to that end so maybe this will help me actually make some progress.  I bought a copy of Gamemaker Studio Professional last year when it was on sale and haven't touched it since.  I'm probably going to try and use that.  I have zero art talent so I may be asking for some help there.

Well I'm an artist and actually wanted to learn a bit of Gamemaker myself! Uh, maybe we should team? You're good with coding tasks?

My next few weeks are busy between two tests and two other hobbies that other people have already invested time into.

But I will try to make a thing on the side anyway.

I have my sights on The Ship Economy; where players have to balance the ship and crew's resources as they try to make a delivery on time.

I'm planning to use Game Maker Studio or Twine depending on how wisely I budget my time.

Good luck wizardjammers. Sorry i couldn't join, but i'll be happy to criticize when you are done.