Dinosaursssssss

Wizard Jam - Idle Thumbs Game Jam Interest Gauge / Chit Chat corner

I am really interested in doing this. 

A) Is it ok to use established artwork from something, like, say, a nintendo game from the distant past

B) How much of a game does this have to be

I'll be working on my own secret idea :o 

But if anybody wants some kind of music for their game, feel free to pm me or something! 

I have figured out a Twine idea based on the episode title "What Happened To Us". I should be able to do it solo, give or take a few problems I will need help with, being a dummy programmer who can't do math.

BUT I have compiled a list of music tracks I've made over the years that could potentially fit in a video game setting, which anyone here should feel free to use. I'm going to upload it all the Sound Cloud and post links here sometime soon.

Yeah, after fiddling with Stencyl, I think I can do this, starting from Zero Video Game Making Experience. Now I just need to have inspiration that is within my fairly limited grasp. I am 100% sure that my game is going to be mega dumb, but that's part of the fun. 

EDIT: Yeah, I think that I'm going to have to go with 

SHOOT THAT PIZZA

I am so happy they mentioned this on the podcast~!

After working in Flash more than 7 years (mostly advergames), I have recently started to learn Unity.  This game jam should give me the necessary kick in the pants to complete something no matter what (similar to the old Flash Kit Games 48 hour contests..oh memories).

And using the random episode picker...my theme is...

The Spectacle was Incredible

Okay..I can work with this...

Edit: I know it is kind of passe since Adobe is pretty much killing it themselves but if anyone is going to be using Flash, I can help with questions...

Something came up, and I won't be able to make anything this round. But I'll be in the IRC sometimes if y'all need art (?) advice or programming questions!

I can do art if anyone still needs that. The best examples of my work are my avatar, and this pixel art which is more representative of what you'd get:1FOt2J8.png

I've done some other stuff as well but I forgot to save backups before my last hard drive wipe. :(

I can also do some writing and game design, but my codding is rather limited so I doubt I'd be of any help there.

Oh man, I was planning on trying to do a game jam or a game-a-week thing this summer, and this seems absolutely perfect. However, I'm really busy when this is going on. I'm totally going to do this when I'm actually free. I'm super pumped that this is happening!

Voxn, that is absurdly good.

About to start my entry, and already finding this very useful:

Thanks for remembering to pass on the help!

Would you guys like a dedicated place on the forums for this? (For instance: now that it is happening, pinning a clean new thread, or a dedicated sub forum, or anything like that)

I don't think I will be able to make time to participate in this satisfactorily, but I will sit here and imagine my church-history-themed Super Monkey Ball clone, "Rolling with the Pope".

Would you guys like a dedicated place on the forums for this? (For instance: now that it is happening, pinning a clean new thread, or a dedicated sub forum, or anything like that)

I was thinking about this; a Subforum would probably be useful. TIGSource's competitions each had their own subforum where people would make a thread for the game they were working on, and could post updates directly into them and keep the first post updated with screenshots and download links. I'd be happy for something like this.

Voxn, that is amazing!

I think a dedicated sub forum would definitely help us start teaming up, so people with strong ideas could start to make threads saying "Here, I need someone who can do sprite animation and a jaunty soundtrack."

Heyo, I've been listening to Thumbs for frickin' ever and never been on the forums. But, I've long wanted to do a proper gamejam and feel that Thumbs "readers" could be the perfect collaborators! Saw a post on twitter, so guess I'm finally a forum member!

I'm a cartoonist and would call myself a "very competant dabbler" in games. Hope I'll be able to contribute!