Dinosaursssssss

Wizard Jam - Idle Thumbs Game Jam Interest Gauge / Chit Chat corner

But I already have an idea-I-won't-implement. No sense in coming up with another idea-I-won't-implement!

I ended up spending way more time during my break playing Dark Souls than preparing for this or getting things done in advance so I can focus on jamming. Probably whatever I do will be small and unfinished as a result of this.

A bunch of folks will be in the IRC channel (#idlethumbs on QuakeNet), come hang out while you're working to ask questions/find teammate/share your progress!

Instructions on joining are here, there's even a handy web client so you don't need to download anything! https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/topic/9177-idlethumbs-%E2%80%93-join-the-idle-thumbs-irc-channel/

So I just randomly wandered in here via http://www.indiegamejams.com/ and thought I'd like to offer my services. I was looking for a game jam of reasonable length I could participate via the Internet.

Previous projects include VRjam 2013, where I did the music and sounds for Windlands. That project is still ongoing, as we are working to make the jam demo into a full game. There's plenty of gameplay videos on youtube if you wish to check that out. :) I've also done some song challenges in the Propellerheads user community (makers of the music software Reason). Usually it was a couple of weeks to make a song from scratch, using a limited toolset. You can hear my work on my soundcloud page for example, or download and play the demo of Windlands!

https://soundcloud.com/brknsounds

http://guardiansofthewind.com/ (pick the regular screen download if you don't own an oculus rift)

My contribution would be mainly music, although I have worked a bit on sound effects before as well. I'd of course also be happy to discuss design and ideas too, playtest and nitpick about ultimately pointless details that need not be prioritised when in a tight schedule. I know Unity just enough to have a superficial conversation (I did a couple of the tutorial games from Unity website).

I'll try to keep an eye for the forums here, so feel free to contact me if you are interested! I'd like to have a short side project to learn working with games, and also to hone my workflow and get in the habit of finishing things.

I don't go on the forums very much but I heard about this on the cast and I just wanted to drop in to say that I'm interested. I might be in the IRC asking simple questions, I haven't been using unity very long!

Sounds like fun, though.

Good luck y'all! I'm swamped with exams and schoolwork, so I'll be rooting from the sidelines, but I can't wait to see the results! 

I am looking for a team! I'm a long Idle Thumbs listener but hadn't heard about Wizard Jam until tonight. I just posted my first Twine game at http://itch.io/jam/twiny/rate/22604

I have been dabbling in Unity for a while in C# - I'm not skilled and would love to learn from more experienced developers. I am an aerospace engineer professionally and know how to script and a bit of OOP. I made my first 2D platformer controller last night: https://twitter.com/ClickToZoom/status/585657799935401985

I make awful vector graphics on my phone: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4PnYUFe6iINUHdXdkF3dFBsQW8/view?usp=sharing

and I animate them terribly in Unity: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1p24Mtti2l1bG9FQ21aRGdfc1k/view?usp=sharing

I am willing to do anything - even as little as emotional support.

Game concepts?

#62: The Silken Goku - hanging clothesline fighting game with long charging animations, tension, sweating, melodrama.

#105: XCOM Obama - play through the real-world timeline of Obama cabinet members with abstraction as squad-based tactical RPG. Tender your resignation? You're dead to me.

#112: The Cast of Us - the microphones have caught a virus, but one of them seems immune. Lead it through the Idle Thumbs building of communal dev spaces to the IT room for hopeful analysis and vaccine replication.

These are terrible, I know, but hopefully it shows I'm interested :)

Jon

[email protected]

@clicktozoom

Jeez, how did I not know about this jam till today's episode! I need to lurk on the forums more!

I really, REALLY want to make a game about fishing called "The Cast of Us".

How long is the time limit?

Jeez, how did I not know about this jam till today's episode! I need to lurk on the forums more!

I like the idea of doing a fishing game. I'm fairly familiar with C# and Unity if you want to team up. Looks like the time constraint is two weeks.

I wish I had known about this sooner. But I think I already have my episode title sorted, and a basic concept is stewing in my brain. Looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.

I've got a basic thing in my head for "The Legend of Big Bird's Bones" and so I think I will proceed to not finish it by the deadline.

I'm interested in being in a team with folks who feel that they have little time and little skill to offer. I'm a big fan of low expectations.

Feel free to mention interest in letting me join here or private message me if that's more comfortable.

There should always be more fishing games

This sounds rad! I think I'll participate - I'm forcing myself to make more smaller itch.io-primed games and not wallow in massive projects that only exist on my harddrive or are meant for my freelance clients. And man yeah Idle Titles are a goldmine for ideas.

Oh boy, I've just finished my first game with the giant bomb game jam, and it looks like I'm creating my second game for this one. Hopefully I can go a little bit more in depth that a single button infinite runner this time. 

Oh gosh, I haven't been paying close attention to this but I think I might use this as a way to do my first ever Twine game, perhaps, having never done anything with games or Twine at all.

Haha, episode titles, what a fun theme. I'm not sure I can commit to this but I'll interested to see what people create. Good luck, everybody!

Oh gosh, I haven't been paying close attention to this but I think I might use this as a way to do my first ever Twine game, perhaps, having never done anything with games or Twine at all.

Twine is super duper easy, you should make something!

I've got a basic thing in my head for "The Legend of Big Bird's Bones" and so I think I will proceed to not finish it by the deadline.

I've got an idea for the same episode title. I'll be curious to see what comes out of both of them (if building the game itself doesn't seem like too much of a hurdle for me).

Only just registered on the forums to keep up with this jam thing, though I've been a listener for years and hanging out in IRC for some time. I'll be doing ... something, for "Shadow of Something", on my own in Unity. With a slight headstart making parts that I've convinced myself are totally modular systems and not at all specific parts of this thing.

I need help with Twine. Specifically I want to know if I can have a sound file play and/or loop upon someone entering a page.

I need help with Twine. Specifically I want to know if I can have a sound file play and/or loop upon someone entering a page.

I've been curious about how this works, too.